title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Random errors accessing .IGNORE files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Selzhanik
    • Jul 2011

Random errors accessing .IGNORE files

I'm getting random errors on almost every disc I rip, typically 1 or 2 per disc. These are always related to the .IGNORE files, and follow one of two patterns -- either "Error opening file, check no other program has it open" or "Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe". Both occurred on one disc, and I've copied the errors below:

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Paul\Music\Galactic\Coolin' Off\01 Galactic - Go Go.IGNORE'
    mp3 (Lame): Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\Paul\Music\Galactic\Coolin' Off\04 Galactic - Funky Bird.IGNORE'
    Error opening file, check no other program has it open. [clDecoder::WriteIDTags]

When the StdIn Pipe error happens, I typically don't get good files, though that error happens very infrequently. The "error opening file" error seems to have no effect what-so-ever. In this case, the "Funky Bird" track *4 has a good flac and mp3 file, with good meta data.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of these errors?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Random errors accessing .IGNORE files

Ignore is just the virtual file for multi-encoder, so can be 'ignored'

The real error is that Lame.exe is stopping encoding, make sure your security software is not interfering.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Selzhanik
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      The real error is that Lame.exe is stopping encoding, make sure your security software is not interfering.
      How exactly? In that how would the security software be interfering and how would I make sure it doesn't?

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

Try disabling it as a test

Comment

• Selzhanik
          • Jul 2011

Disabling it has worked thus far.

Any tips on configuring McAfee Internet Security so that it does not interfere with those .IGNORE files, yet stays on for more legit threats? Of course, I already know the best tip is to get a better anti-virus product from the likes of AVG or others... I'm just waiting until my subscription runs out.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The issue is not .IGNORE files, as they are never actually written, they are virtual files. The issue is potentially McAfee shutting down the lame encoder.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Selzhanik
              • Jul 2011

So you think it is McAfee shutting down the lame encoder. I've further narrowed it down to McAfee's real-time scanning, extended protection (which is beyond known threats, looking for new threats with suspicious patterns), implying that the lame encoder is being (incorrectly hopefully) recognized as having either a viral threat or adware/spyware signature. It wouldn't be the first time McAfee has been a bit over-aggressive.

Thanks guys.

Comment

• clarkey
                • Jan 2013

I am experiencing the same problem (see below) I have Kaspersky 2013; assuming this is the problem do you have any advice on what options I should select in the 'trusted zone' of Kaspersky?
                The options are:

Error messages are:
                Various Artists\Now, Vol. 39, Disc 1\01 All Saints - Never Ever.IGNORE'
                mp3 (Lame): Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Various Artists\Now, Vol. 39, Disc 1\04 Spice Girls - Stop.IGNORE'
                Error opening file, check no other program has it open. [clDecoder::WriteIDTags]

Comment

• dbfan
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jan 2011

As a test disable the security software this will tell you if it is causing the problems.

Comment

• clarkey
                    • Jan 2013

my trial period has expired so cannot test

Comment

Working...

]]>