title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Automatic CD Rip on Insertion as Service

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Selzhanik
    • Jul 2011

Automatic CD Rip on Insertion as Service

Is there a way to run dBpoweramp CD Ripper as a service, and configure it to automatically rip when a CD is inserted? Also, is there a way to access the information and error logs from outside the program? Are those logs stored in a file somewhere?

Asset is working great for me on the WHS 2011 (though there's still the playlist bug on the other thread in the Asset forum); MusicMonkey is working great on my PC for managing tags, file locations and playlists (all stored on the WHS, but accessable from the PC); and I'm quickly falling in love with dBpoweramp CD Ripper on my PC (configured to secure rip to flac and mp3, then automatically eject the disc), but I'd really like to move that over to my WHS 2011 box. Now that it's configured, I think I can go without the user interface -- but only if there's an "Automatically rip on CD detection" option somewhere, and preferably somewhere I can occassionally look for ripping logs (i.e. errors that could not be overcome).
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Automatic CD Rip on Insertion as Service

We could offer such, but you would not recieve any metadata from AMG or GD3, as they would not allow such, so we do not offer it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Selzhanik
      • Jul 2011

Thanks for the reply Spoon... but could you clarify a bit? AMG and GD3 will not allow metadata to be provided unless the user manually presses the "Rip" button? That seems odd. So does RipNAS Essentials not utilize AMG and GD3 metadata because of that restriction?

Also, what about the error / information logs? Are those stored in files somewhere?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Correct.

RipNAS essentials is different, because it is designed to run on a headless box, with the normal CD ripper our hands are tied.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>