title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Upgrading to asset V3

Upgrading to asset V3

Hi Spoon,

I would love to upgrade asset on my ripnas to V3 but I'm a little concerned I will screw something up while I'm at it. What is the correct and most full proof procedure to safely upgrade asset? Thank you! Also, If I already have a registered version of asset on my ripnas do i need to pay for the upgraded version of asset. If not, what is the best way to upgrade ie. directly from WHS on the ripnas or download file from db poweramp site (ie. not sure what file to download from the site).
    Last edited by ikemi; 08-26-2011 at 02:06 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Upgrading to asset V3

Asset is always registered on the ripnas, as far as upgrading, in about 4 weeks r4 will be released, you might be better waiting for this one.

Thanks for the tip about asset version 4-- I will wait but when I get that one what is the best way to upgrade the ripnas-- should I upgrade directly from whs using the upgrade button or should I get the relevant file from db poweramp site and if so which file do I need. If I don't need the file that requires payment will the other file give me full functionality. Thanks.

Administrator

Remote desktop connect, uninstall existing Asset (Start >> Control Panel ), then install the R4 trial for WHS when release, it will automatically register. Do a full refresh of the database (Refresh All).

Hi Spoon,

Now that release 4 of asset is available I would like to install that on my ripnas. When I go to add/remove programs to uninstall the old asset version 2 different assets come up in the list if programs---should I uninstall both or just one--- one is about 64 MB and the other is about 13.8 MB. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ron

Administrator

Both

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Both
    Thank you!