title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Large Volumes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cloudberry
    • Jun 2010

Large Volumes

I have some 1,7 TB of music in FLAC-format stored on Netgear NAS (24/196 files are enormous). For iPod use, primarily for car use, I have converted this to MP3 (128 kbps) and iTunes, stored on a separate NAS. This ended up as 300 something GB and took more than one week to run, running from backup USB disk. But all OK.

Now I discover that 128 kbps is not good enough. So I am considering going for 256 or 320, or perhaps even AAC. Currently I thing 256 will be my choice and to perhaps run Lossless for new purchases and real favourites.

Is there some feature or smart way to make a conversion faster or perhaps without occupying a PC for a week?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Large Volumes

If it requires 1 weeks of CPU encoding time, only by getting a faster cpu will it speed up
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stuart7
      • Aug 2011

Re: Large Volumes

The purpose of Encode Local is to encode files locally (normally to the computers temporary folder), before sending the file to its final location (which could be a network shared folder, such as on a NAS). Why do this? for certain audio formats, such as Ogg vorbis, or FLAC, ID Tags are contained at the beginning of the file,

Is the above utility codec relevant? I dont have any experience of it as all my stuff is stored locally anyway - but it's supposed to speed up encoding to Network shares.

Comment

Working...

]]>