title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I force asset to detect changes in a specific path rather than all changes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • user2112
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2009

How do I force asset to detect changes in a specific path rather than all changes?

If this is not available could it be added on a future release please? Its taking 10s of hours to scan and I'm often adding only a couple of songs and then need them straight way.

What order are things scanned? -in order of the list of paths in config and then alphabetically or some other mechanism?

Also, how often does asset run its detection process? Is it user-definable?

Finally, I want to be able to power off some drives that I dont want all the time but I dont want asset to delete them from the database and then need to rescan them when the drive comes back online. Is this best done by turning off the detect and catalogue section under general settings?

Thanks
    Last edited by user2112; 08-22-2011, 01:37 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I force asset to detect changes in a specific path rather than all changes

The detecting changes goes only off file date and should be very fast, otherwise Asset should pickup changes automatically in the background (might take 10 minutes).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• user2112
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2009

Re: How do I force asset to detect changes in a specific path rather than all changes

Originally posted by Spoon
      The detecting changes goes only off file date and should be very fast, otherwise Asset should pickup changes automatically in the background (might take 10 minutes).
      Strange, it seemed to take hours last night and the track count was still counting up again.

I'll test again tonight.

What about the switching off of drives.....will asset keep them in the database for when the drives are turned on again?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would want to Disable 'Detect & Catalog new tracks' if there is a chance of the audio being removed whilst asset is running, otherwise it will remove all the tracks. Then use Rescan Library 'Detecting Changes' if new files are added.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• user2112
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2009

So I just retested. It took 1hr18mins and the file did not appear until the track count was over 67000.
          this time I just copied a file into the top folder of the share. This is too long to be practical. What can I do to reduce the time?
          Cheers

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Add no new tracks and run the Refresh detecting changes, how long does it take?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• user2112
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2009

It took just short of an hour and a half in total. The first 15 mins it was at "counting tracks" then started to display the numbers. total was 88442.
              This is accross 2 network drives gigabit attached via a switch and 1 USB2 connected drive. There are about 25,000 individual tracks with the remainder made up of backup duplicates.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It would probably be 15x faster if the files were local to Asset (either Asset running on a WHS nas, or the audio tracks on your computer).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Andrew G
                  • Aug 2011

I'm having what feels to be a similar (or related) issue, forgive me if it's something else...

I just setup Asset so as to connect my network streamer to my itunes library in Windows 7. I've had no issue connecting, browsing my music quickly, so good to go. I proceeded to add a half dozen additional cds to the library, and am unable to find them via asset now. I have rescanned the library, to no avail.

Any ideas or help?

Comment

• user2112
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Jul 2009

Oh okay. I was expecting a gigabit attached drive to be faster than USB. The PC, switch and drive are all Gbit and nothing else is using the bandwidth. I'll copy to USB external drives and rerun it.

Thanks

Comment

• wests14
                      • Sep 2011

I have a related question - I am using Asset R3.1.0 on a WHS machine; when I add an album of ripped FLAC files the process UmediaLibirary and UMediaLibraryTag spend several hours re-indexing my music (14,000 tracks) consuming about 50-60% of CPU resource which sometimes causes play to stop. I gather from this thread that is should not do this so why does mine?

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Try Asset R4 in the beta section of this forum
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wests14
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
                          Try Asset R4 in the beta section of this forum
                          Thanks - I downloaded the file at this location: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/AssetUPnP-WHS.msi and installed it but it is showing as R 3.1.0 not R4 - is that correct? I do not have the option to resize art to 200x200 or the options to limit bit rates to the higher values - e.g 96 Khz.

Comment

• wests14
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by wests14
                            Thanks - I downloaded the file at this location: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/AssetUPnP-WHS.msi and installed it but it is showing as R 3.1.0 not R4 - is that correct? I do not have the option to resize art to 200x200 or the options to limit bit rates to the higher values - e.g 96 Khz.
                            UmediaLibrary and UmediaReadTag been running for about three hours now consuming about 50% of CPU and the track count is moving very slowly from 12600 tracks to a total of 14268.

Comment

• dbfan
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Jan 2011

Showing r3.1 is correct for the beta, you are best to uninstall existing first, then install the beta from the remote desktop.

Anyhow, restart whs, get so asset is not scanning. Then open asset configuration >> edit advanced settings, check that your music folder is listed as d:\shares\music

If it is, enable the debug option, restart asset, and add a new album, let it scan, make a note of how long it takes to scan, it is important that nothing is browsing asset, or playing during this debug test. When finishes, click the view log button, where debug was enabled, and then disable the debug log. Please email the debug log to the address you can find on the about link on the tool bar above.

Comment

Working...

]]>