title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New OS on a new hard drive - How to transfer dBpoweramp?

New OS on a new hard drive - How to transfer dBpoweramp?

Cut a long story short, my graphics card stopped working, so I tried a new one, but that didn't work. So I upgraded my computer (motherboard, CPU, RAM, graphics card, SSD Hard Drive). I also wanted Windows 7, so I brought this as well to go on the SSD. I had to install 64 bit because I had brought 16GB RAM. So I had no way to prepare my old HHD for the upgrade because of the non-working graphics card (e.g. Transferring files, etc.).

So I have downloaded the file for R14 and installed it, but now I need my settings and profiles. I have looked through the forum, but I can't find the answer to my problem. I tried to boot with XP from the old hard drive but it crashes after the "Windows XP" splash screen. I have access to the hard drive's data, but I believe my profile settings are in the registry (correct me if I'm wrong). I just need to know how to access the registry files if the hard drive is not the root drive?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: New OS on a new hard drive - How to transfer dBpoweramp?

We always recommend going through the configuration process again for CD Ripping on a new system, to be sure everything is correct.

Yes, this would be fine from someone with a simple setup, however, mine is quite complex. 3 different file types to 3 different locations with different DSP on each, etc...

Is there any hope for me? Or do I have to try and remember all of my settings and hope they are correct?

Thanks

Administrator

The settings are stored in the registry, I am not sure how you would read this on another machine, if the original machine is not running.

I think I have found a way to access the registry, can you tell me the location of the registry on the drive?

Thanks

Administrator

HKCU\Software\Illustrate