title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art Not Being Saved on WAV Files with Edit ID-Tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thegorn
    • Aug 2011

Album Art Not Being Saved on WAV Files with Edit ID-Tag

I have ripped 1000s of CDs to WAV files using dbpoweramp cd ripper and then used the standalone dbpoweramp converter to convert the WAVs to MP3s. I like to save the original wav and have an MP3. When I look at the album art on these files using the Edit ID-Tag dialog, it looks fine. When I play the MP3s in media player, they have all of the tags and artwork.

I also I have a lot of WAV files I create myself using Adobe Audition. I have edited the tags on these WAV files using the Edit ID-Tag dialog. After I add tags, I convert the wave files to MP3. This has been working fine.

I am using version 14.2. (and I appreciate that you can now select a group of files and add album art to all of them instead of going on-by-one in version 13.x)

Anyway, for some reason, I cannot add art work to my wav files. I can right click, add the album art, click OK, then go back to the Edit ID-tag dialog and it shows no album art. If I look at old wav files, I can see the album art. I have checked that my files are not read only. I have also checked the security on my files and I have full rights. I can add / change other tags, but the album art is no longer working. I was using version 14.1 and I updated to 14.2 to see if it would fix the problem, but the problem still exists.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Album Art Not Being Saved on WAV Files with Edit ID-Tag

Have you changed the wave id tag options (dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced) - it needs to be LIST + ID3 to store art.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• thegorn
      • Aug 2011

Hello Spoon,

It is currently set to that. It is the default setting:

Tag Creation: (default - LIST & ID3)
      LIST Chunk Poisiton: [data][LIST]
      LIST Album Tag: ITRK
      LIST Padding Type: 'JUNK' Chunk
      LIST Padding Size: 2 KB
      ID3v2 Version v2.3
      ID3v2 Text Encoding: ANSI

If you have other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The files you are adding art to, do they already only have a LIST ID Tag, as the extra id3 tag would not be added by default, if you run [update id tag] on the file first it would write both tag types, then art can be added.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• thegorn
          • Aug 2011

Hello,

How do I update the ID tag? I have looked around and at the help, but I do not know how to do that.

I noticed that if I look at the audio properties of the wav file in windows explorer, it says "Contains: ID Tag[LIST & BEXT v1]. How do I change that?

Thanks!

Comment

• thegorn
            • Aug 2011

Hello,

I found that if I edit the properties with the Edit ID-Tag dialog, click "remove" to remove all of the entries, then re-add all of the entries, the album art works correctly.

If the tag information can be changed without having to retype everything, please let me know. It would save me some typing.

One new feature that would also be nice is if you could select a group of files and have a button in the the ID-Tag dialog that would automaticaly put in all of the track numbers in sequence.

Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Codec Central >> Utilities >> Update ID Tag
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>