title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Convert WAV to CDA?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DDJJ
    • Aug 2011

Convert WAV to CDA?

Is there a way to process WAV files using dbPA so that I can "re-rip" the related CD in CD Ripper so that I get all of the metadata (using Perfect Meta)? Convert the WAV files to CDA files so that CD Ripper thinks it's looking at a CD?? My goal is to attach all of the appropriate metadata to the WAV file which was not done when converting the original CDs (now gone) were converted to WAV using iTunes. If this doesn't make sense, let me know. Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Convert WAV to CDA?

.CDA is not really a CD it is a pretend file (.cda files are 1KB where as a CD is 600,000KB)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DDJJ
      • Aug 2011

Understood. But is there a way to "fool" dbPA CD Ripper into thinking that my WAV files are on a CD so I can get dbPA to write the various meta tags using Perfect Meta to the WAV files? (without actually burning the WAV files to a CD)

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

No
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rtime
          • Jan 2012

This would be extremely useful to me right now! I've got gigs of wav files for which I need meta data. Is there anyway to retrieve these tags without re-ripping all my cd's?

Comment

• RLANE
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • May 2011

Perhaps you could use VirtualCD?

Virtualize your CDs, DVD, HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs and get the fastest possible access to your data, both locally and over the network

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Do the wav file names have correct info (ie track number, name, etc) and/or directory structure is good (artist/album). If so you can create metadata from file info in mp3tag and I'm guessing from dbpa. But I suppose you don't want to use the old info and instead want "new" metadata or at least more complete.

Comment

Working...

]]>