Sadly we have to give notice of termination of AudioSAFE, this will happen in or shortly after August 2013.
The concept was sound, sadly uptake in beta was not enough.
AudioSAFE Beta 14:
Windows XP, Vista & 7: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/AudioSAFE.exe
Windows Server 2011: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/AudioSAFE-WHS2011.wssx
Apple Mac: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/AudioSAFE-Client.dmg
At this stage there exists no user manual, like most people who would not
read a manual anyhow, lets see how you get on without the manual.
AudioSAFE will run in the background backing up your collection, once it has
backed up please select Tools >> 'Restore & Verify whole collection
(original files untouched)' to verify that AudioSAFE has done its job
Any discussions please direct to:
Last edited by Spoon; 04-15-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Update to Beta 4
Improved handling of mpc and mp4 files.
Fixes beta3 regression with not showing the setup dialog on first run.
Adjustment to http headers for those with Proxies/devices which mangle headers
Download as first message
Updated to Beta 5
Fixed a possible stall loop on decoding corrupted files
Improved Handling of Lossless uploading
Download as First Message
Note this update is a mandatory one, the server in the next few minutes will inform only Beta 5 is accepted
Updated to Beta 6
Fixed wavpack IsLossless() bug for incorrect wavpack files
Implemented out-of-process tag reads + IsLossless + decoding
Added minidump writing in case the client process crashes (could be made more user friendly)
Added general store browser dialog
Added "purge shadow copies" dialog
Added more obscure audio file formats to the unsupported format list so they don't clog people's general stores
Prevented repeated spam of the same error messages over and over
Prevented specific backup failure messages from being seen by the user (in particular ones caused by repeated machine standby killing the transfers)
This update will become mandatory next week, Download as First Message
Updated to Beta 7
added .m4b support
Faster at processing softdeleted tracks
Displays upload speed in kbps
If a drive (such as network) disappears then will wait for drive to reappear before changing files.
Download as First Message
Note after updating to this beta, all your files will be rescanned once
Also Beta 7 will allow a list of corrupted files to be displayed at the end (previously the backup engine might stick at 99% because of these corrupted files), the files can be removed or replaced then backup would continue.
Beta 7 is a forced update as of 5 minutes ago.
Beta 8 Released
This update fixes a Soft deletion deadlock which can occur
This update will become a forced updated very soon
We now have a Windows Home Server Version (MAC version is on its way).
* Fixed beta 8 regression with general store uploading.
* Fixed beta 8 regression with deletion of files from the server not reflecting client-side file list.
* Improved handling of time-consuming operations, such as removal of large numbers of files.
* Changed status icon color semantics.
* Clearing events now also clears the error/warning status.
* Fixed upload progress being sometimes stuck below 100% when all the files have been uploaded.
* The progress now goes up to 100% even if some files could not be uploaded due to an error, to indicate that all the files have been looked over.
* No longer attempts to repeatedly decode files that fail to decode - will retry in a few days or if the file has been altered.
* Fixed buggy behavior of file type exclusion filters.
* Better error messages for files that could not be decoded.
* Fixed incorrect error messages on password mismatch.
* Fixed problems with handling very large amounts of files in one user account.
* Prevented spurious rehashing of local files in certain scenarios.
* More efficient recovery after some of the files were temporarily gone then restored.
* Fixed "Quick Restore" dialog crash.
* New and improved bug reporting system from inside the AudioSAFE client application.
* Added restore+verify functionality in the Windows Home Server version.
* New: Mac OSX version.
Mac Client Updated to beta 11 (PC + WHS stays the same)
* Fixed a bug that caused occassional apparent reuploads from 0%.
* Closing the window no longer quits the backup client application.
* Various cosmetic fixes.
Last edited by Spoon; 04-02-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Updated to Beta 12
* Added "download the latest version" link when a new version is available
* Worked around corrupted local filelist cache vs quick restore dialog
* Worked around "folder inaccessible" for whole network shares
* Prettier settings dialog in the Win version (folder list)
Updated to Beta 13
* Added audio types aac and ac3
* Fixed a bug with certain lossless files (where they could not be backed up)
This update will be a forced one very soon
Updated to Beta 14
* (all) Fixed incorrect total file size backed up display in certain scenarios
* (all) Full collection restore/verify now also checks for correctly restored file tags
* (OSX) Fixed crashes
* (OSX) Enabled out-of-process decoding for better stability
* (Windows Home Server): Fixed client being stuck in paused mode
* (Windows) No more stuck external process exe after quitting AudioSAFE client
Updated to Beta 15
Fixed UI Restore bugs in Windows.
MacOS fixed ALAC not working
MacOS fixed AIFF tag writing
AudioSAFE has suffered a hardware failure of one of the storage pods, we have taken the system offline as a temporary measure.
Copyright © 2015 Illustrate. All Rights Reserved.