title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: album art

album art

I've been batch ripping using Primera Bravo Pro and dbpoweramp batch ripper. it has been working great but I don't seem to be able to get the album art. When I use the regular ripper I can set to it to get the album art, but it doesn't appear to be doing it on the batch ripper. How do I get it to include album art.
    Thanks.

Administrator

Re: album art

You need metadata from either AMG or GD3 to fetch album art.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You need metadata from either AMG or GD3 to fetch album art.
    Thanks. So I just bought the amg.com 1000 and was sent an email with a link. I clicked on it and it asked for my user name and password.
    I logged in with the user name and it said Error: Username not recognized .
    I verified the user name in Batch Ripper, all meta guide and purchase. It is mike eastman. So I have that right. I also logged in using my email address. That didn-t work either. Any suggestions?

Administrator

Answered by email

I paid for the 1000 and am using batch ripper.
    7 out of 20 did not download with any album art. However, these are not obscure albums.

I am having some other problems.
    At the moment it is won’t load a cd. It says Post Load waiting for cd.
    There is already a cd that is loaded. It’s been trying to do this for 5 minutes. I just ejected it and took it out.

Usually it loads from one side and does the whole stack and then does the other side. Today it is grabbing one now and then from the second side.

Twice today (but never before) It grabbed a cd from the wrong side and did not load it and put it the “done” pile. It did this twice.

When I have had glitches at other times I end the batch or shut down the computer and start over again. The problem is that the list “Results from batch” disappears. Let’s say I have done 20 of 100. When I restart, I can’t get the results from batch on the first 20. Is there a way to get that data?

One cd sat for 20 minutes, it said ripping but nothing was happening. I ejected it manually. Later I looked my documents and it had actually ripped it.

Right now it has been one glitch after the other so I am shutting down everything and restarting.

It is now restarted and 4 are done. 2 do not have album art.

I know this is supposed to be automated but I am finding myself having to babysit it. What do you suggest? Is there any kind of phone tech support. I am trying to get this project set up and am running into lots of problems.

Administrator

Are there 2 drives on your loader? or one?

For good album art retrieval you need to activate also gd3, so that you are not relying on just one provider.

two drives

Administrator

Enable the option in the drive configuration to 'keep unload order same as load'

I have both activated and am getting about 25% album art.

Also it is supposed to be charging for the album art it does not get?. It shows I have around 640 left of 1000. I've only gotten over a little over 100 of the album art.

The gd3 was already activated too and still about 25 %.

Are there 2 drives on your loader? or one?

For good album art retrieval you need to activate also gd3, so that you are not relying on just one provider.

Correction to last post. I am typing this for my husband and I made a mistake. 75% he gets the album art with batch ripper and AMG or GD3 . 25% doesn't get the album art. He tried single ripping 10 of the failures and he got all of them. To test, he tried 5 of those again in the batch ripper. Again he did not get album art on them.

Administrator

Are you sure GD3 is active? as it is handled separately to AMG, you need to purchase lookups direct from GD3.

Do you recommend a website to buy the gd3 from?

Are you sure GD3 is active? as it is handled separately to AMG, you need to purchase lookups direct from GD3.

Administrator

Follow the purchase link in Batch Ripper, you purchase direct from GD3.com

Following this thread - similar issue so I've purchased lookups in GD3. How do I provide my account details for CD Ripper so that it will use GD3 and so that GD3 will allow me the lookup?

Administrator

You mean batch ripper? not CD Ripper? under batch ripper >> metadata >> GD3 section - set user name and password.