title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset and Foobar - Is WiFi streaming?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blucobalto25
    • Jul 2011

Asset and Foobar - Is WiFi streaming?

Hi, this is what I have:

- asset installed on the pc (Win 7)
    - Foobar (in the same pc) as music player with an external DAC that goes to the HIFI system
    - Apple IPhone/IPad as remote with the app Plug Player

With the app Plug Player I can see Asset and the Media Library. With the UPnP/DLNA components in Foobar I can see Asset so that they can work toghether. And with Plug Player on the IPad I can set up Asset as Server, Foobar as renderer and play music.

This is my question:

When I choose a track in the PlugPlayer and Foobar start to play it, does Foobar play the track beacause it receives a WiFi streaming from asset? or it just it receives the command to play the track reading it from the hard disk of the pc?

I would like not to have the wi fi streaming of the tracks but to have foobar reading from the hard disk.

I know that I can use Foobar with PluPlayer without Asset but thare are some other app for IPad that do not support Foobar as media server and they are interesting. Thank you for your replay.

Alessandro
    Last edited by Blucobalto25; 07-28-2011, 01:32 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset and Foobar - Is WiFi streaming?

FB would receive the IP address of the machine asset is running on, as they are both on the same machine it is a very short journey. No external transmission is done.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Blucobalto25
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      FB would receive the IP address of the machine asset is running on, as they are both on the same machine it is a very short journey. No external transmission is done.
      thank you ... if I well understood FB works as it red directly in its Media Library, although I wonder if there is any loss of quality

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not sound quality no, digital files do not degrade when transmitted on a computer.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>