title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: WAV to MP3 Converter HELP! ("Album Artist" is BLANK))

WAV to MP3 Converter HELP! ("Album Artist" is BLANK))

My entire music collection is backed up in both WAV and MP3 192(kbps) format on my Windows 7 computer. I want to convert all my WAV music to MP3 256 or 320(kbps) without having to rip all my CD's!

After using the dBpoweramp Batch Music Converter everything worked great! But the "Album Artist" and "Year" categories are now blank. The artist's name is now in the "Contributing Artists" category and "Year" category in the details tab is blank. The album art is also not being displayed now!

I don't have this problem when I open my original WAV and MP3(kbps) rips though. I tried almost everything, even converting my WAV files to FLAC without any success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by thejamesjr; 07-25-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Administrator

Re: WAV to MP3 Converter HELP! ("Album Artist" is BLANK))

It is likely your Wave files do not contain the required ID tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is likely your Wave files do not contain the required ID tags.
    What do you recommend that I do?

All my music was ripped using Windows Media Player in both WAVE & MP3. Is there a work around to fix the ID tags or do I need to rip all my music to FLAC?

Administrator

If you right click on a Wave file >> Edit ID Tag

this will show the exact tags embedded in the wave file, if WMP has the art in its own library, and not in the file then it cannot be transfered.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you right click on a Wave file >> Edit ID Tag

this will show the exact tags embedded in the wave file, if WMP has the art in its own library, and not in the file then it cannot be transferred.

Even more importantly than the Album Art is the Artist's Name...

It's completely missing from the "Album Artist" section in details, as well as the "Year" of the album. So now when I open my Zune software, all my music is categorized under all the "Contributing Artists" instead of the "Album Artist".

My original WAVE and MP3 files that I ripped through Windows Media Player has all the details filled correctly. But the music that I converted with dMC is missing some of the details.

So I'm just trying to determine if I need to rip all my music to FLAC instead of WAVE. But it would be a lot easier if there was a way to correct the details without having to do all that.

Administrator

No program outside WMP can access those tags, because they are not present in the file.