title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Aux input

Aux input

I want to create .mp3 files using my audio aux input. I have some audio tapes that I want to convert, and maybe some vinyl records as well.

What is the procedure to accomplish this?

Re: Aux input

dBpowerAMP Music converter contained a feature known as Auxiliary Input from (I believe) version 4 up to version 11.5. With Auxiliary Input you could record music as it was being played/processed through your computer's sound card. I do not know if this is specifically what you are asking about or whether you are asking a general question as to how you might convert analog (audio tapes, records) music from an external source by any means using any program.

Auxiliary Input has not been a feature of dBpowerAMP Music Converter since the code for the program was completely re-written (starting with version 12.0 and later).
    Above and beyond that, Auxiliary Input does not work with Windows Vista or Windows 7 systems (as a change in Windows code changed the way that the computer accesses the sound card).

So the first question here would be what operating system are you using and what version of Music Converter? It may be that you cannot do this, at least not with Music Converter.

If you are asking in general, it might still be helpful to know what operating system you are using and perhaps someone else can guide you.

Best wishes,
    Bill

I used to make mp3's from vinyl records using dbpoweramp. I had not done this in a few years, so when I attempted to today, I could not remember the procedure.

I do have an XP system, but it appears I "upgraded" my poweramp software to version 13.1 sometime along the way. It might have been when I got a new computer, and downloaded the latest and greatest, as they say.

Seems that the latest is not the greatest from what you are telling me ... :cry:

Looks like I'll need a different program to make mp3 files from aux input?

You can try the tips here:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

which includes a download link for dMC r11.5.

Please note that you need to be scrupulous about installing dMC r11.5 and any compatible dBpowerAMP Products (dAP Audio Player, Sveta, dB CD Writer r1) to a different folder than your current version of dB Music Converter and its associated programs.

Please note as well that dMC r11.5 and associated programs need to use older codecs, NOT those that are currently in Codec Central. Rather the codecs for the earlier versions of dMC are to be found in Legacy Codec Central here:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy/cod...ral-legacy.htm

Again the Legacy codecs need to be installed in the same folder as dMC r11.5.

Installing the newer codecs into your folder with dMC r11.5 will lead to crashes (as will placing the Legacy Codecs in your folder with your newer version of dMC.

Hope this helps.

Bill