title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How about a list of CD players that do work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bsmooth
    • Jul 2011

How about a list of CD players that do work?

Well I really like dbpowerAmp, but the CD writer is a work in progress. I have two very new Samsung SH-S223C CD/DVD drives and neither is recognized at all with the new Beta, and every compatible setting I could try.
    So be forewarned when you try this with Win7 and your PC, it may or may not recognize your player.
    My suggestion, and I think its a pretty good one, is come up with a sticky that lists all CD and DVD players that do work. I'm not sure I'm ready to just trash one of my drives in favor of one that works, but at least you can be sure it WILL work If you get a player thats on the list.
    For those that it doesn't work for, try Burrrn. Its a great little program that does do what its supposed to.
    This may sound harsh, but I really like to get something that works. I tried EAC before this and db does a much better job and its easier to use. I'm really hoping db gets this worked out and I can use poweramp for everything including burning CD's.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How about a list of CD players that do work?

As a company we do not have access to the source code behind the CD writers core, this has effectively killed the product. The current beta version is a free version with no restrictions, people will have to take it as is.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bsmooth
      • Jul 2011

See thats the thing, we have all the users here, let them tell us which ones work.
      C'mon thats what these forums are all about isn't it?
      If you have a player that works list it here !

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Bsmooth
        See thats the thing, we have all the users here, let them tell us which ones work.
        C'mon thats what these forums are all about isn't it?
        If you have a player that works list it here !
        true, but the more interesting question to me is why in 2011 does anyone ever find the need to burn actual CDs?

Comment

• savagcl
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2004

One reason is to have them for playing on your car mp3 player.
          another would be for backups......

savagcl

Comment

Working...

]]>