title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Existing music collection - how to update Tags without re-converting or re-ripping ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NicC4ge
    • Jul 2011

Existing music collection - how to update Tags without re-converting or re-ripping ?

I have an extensive MP3 collection, most of which was ripped long ago or downloaded and there is missing or inaccurate Metadata or Tags.
    How can I use music converter to update my MP3 metadata without re-converting the actual music ?
  • Teknojnky
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2006

Re: Existing music collection - how to update Tags without re-converting or re-rippin

you can not do it with dbpoweramp.

I would suggest you try musicbrainz picard tagger, however there is no simple dump all all your junk files and get accurate tags automagically fix, and even if there was, could you really trust it not to mess up your files?

if you want it done right, getting your tags fixed up is a long ongoing process no matter what you use.

Comment

• NicC4ge
      • Jul 2011

Re: Existing music collection - how to update Tags without re-converting or re-rippin

Thanks for recommending Picard. However I am somewhat surprised this couldn't be done with dbpoweramp, considering its excellent Perfect Meta.
      This is the best tagger I've seen so far, it does the most accurate job tagging when u rip or convert. I just figured there should be a way for it to scan music files and update tags only, as needed.

Comment

• unbob
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NicC4ge
        Thanks for recommending Picard. However I am somewhat surprised this couldn't be done with dbpoweramp, considering its excellent Perfect Meta.
        This is the best tagger I've seen so far, it does the most accurate job tagging when u rip or convert. I just figured there should be a way for it to scan music files and update tags only, as needed.
        "... there should be a way for it to scan music files and update tags only, as needed." Exactly what I need also. Is this feature now available?

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by unbob
          "... there should be a way for it to scan music files and update tags only, as needed." Exactly what I need also. Is this feature now available?
          Already answered here: "Supertagging" existing MP3s

Comment

Working...

]]>