title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Database set up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Masada
    • Jun 2011

Database set up

I'd like to have my recordings available for a database. But I'm wondering, dbPoweramp creates folders for my ripped files. Would it be better if I didn't have any folders at all so it would be easier to find the files?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Database set up

It is your choice, you can set the file naming to what ever you like.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Flat structure may help you to locate files without opening too many folders. A media player can look through subfolders as well without performance issues, so there is no need to put all in one folder.

Comment

• ZPrime
        • Jun 2009

On top of this, there are some systems that actually have a limit of how many files they can handle in a folder. Also, if you are using a FAT32-based player, there is a limit of how many files you can put in the root directory, so at least one subfolder would probably be necessary.

I personally prefer to use an Artist\year - Album structure so my folders get organized chronologically by artist, but on my car system it gets messy with all of the artists listed in a big mess, so I split it up further into letters of the alphabet and then artists below that and such.

Comment

Working...

]]>