title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset handling multi disc records

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Asset handling multi disc records

On some players you use a control point which is separate to the player to add tracks to the player.

Which player do you have?

Comment

• ccrider
      • Sep 2011

Well, I use an App for iPad from Naim Audio to control a Naim streamer.

Comment

• ccrider
        • Sep 2011

Ok...I think for the moment I got it... do the following:

1. Do NOT tag the number of disks of your multi-disk album - just leave it clean. But tag the disk of the track ! So disk 2 of 3 disks will be [ 02 / ]
        2. Remember to have the same Album title for all disks !
        3. Tag the track as usual : e.g. Track 7 of disk 3 will be [ 07 / 03 ]
        4. NOW you have to edit the settings of Asset as follows:
        - Go to Advanced settings -> Edit -> General settings
        - scroll to "Multi-Disc Albums show as...." and choose "[Disc] [Track] [Title]" !!!
        - UNCHECK ..."Album, Disc x"

5. And then I deleted "[NoAssetMultiDiscTrackTitle]" in the settings override just there, but I really don't have any idea of what it will cause Asset to do and if it's neccessary at all.... (???)

Anyway, now after rescan my Multi-Disc albums are shown as one Album with all the content inside in the right order.... YEAHHHH !!!!! You will then get the track shown with Disc-no. and track-no. and Name. e.g. " 2. 5 Eyes of the world "

I thank myself...

Comment

• ccrider
          • Sep 2011

Sorry, new results...

I found that it seems not neccessary to tag as I described in * 1. above ! Just tag "normal" with disk of the track AND disks used -> [ 02 / 03 ]

Comment

• iangrant
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Nov 2007

Well, after finally getting round to investigating this again, it's still not working for me.
            I see if I remove the [NoAssetMultiDiscTrackTitle] and [NoAssetPrependTrackNum] override options then the disc number and track number both appear before the title, in white. However, the track number also always appears before this, in grey, and it appears this is how it's sorted.
            So I get:

1 1. 1 [Title - This is disc 1, track 1]
            1 2. 1 [Disc 2, track 1]
            2 1. 2 [Disc 1, track 2]
            2 2. 2 [Disc 2, track 2]

and so on.

The first column number is in grey, and always there. The second (disc number) and third (track number) appear or disappear depending on the above [NoAsset...] override options.

I also have the option of Logitech Media Server as my UPnP server and foobar2000 as my UPnP client (same set of source files), although foobar2000 doesn't seem to pick up the '{no-identification}' override options, I had to add a '=Platinum' section for it, where I could add [NoAsset...] options.

So in terms of ordering the tracks correctly:

Asset Control doesn't work with LMS
            Asset Control doesn't work with AssetUPnP (by default or without [NoAssetMultiDiscTrackTitle] and/or [NoAssetPrependTrackNum])
            foobar works with LMS
            foobar works with Asset UPnP by default (shows track and disc num in title)
            foobar with [NoAssetPrependTrackNum] works with Asset UPnP (shows just disc num in title now)
            foobar with [NoAssetMultiDiscTrackTitle] and [NoAssetPrependTrackNum] doesn't work with AssetUPnP (shows neither disc nor track in title and gets order wrong now)

So which is broken, Asset Control or Asset UPnP? Or both?

The files are FLACs from a single artist, 2-disc album, with tags TRACKNUMBER, TOTALTRACKS, DISCNUMBER, TOTALDISCS, as ripped by dBpoweramp. I have another test album of MP3s, from a various artist, multi-disc album. Asset does even worse there...

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Will look before Asset v4 goes final.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>