title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v4

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP v3.1

I have tried on a device without R4 before, Remote Desktop to WHS, copy the .msi to the software share, then move to a folder on C: (I have c:\installs). Next right click on the msi and select uninstall. Then double click to install. It shows on the configuration page 'Release 4 (BETA)'

Hi Spoon,

How to use ForceAlbumArt to set the different resolution of the album art when using different uPnP client. Let says when

using KinskyDesktop on PC no ForceAlbumArt
    using ChorusDS ForceAlbumArt=300
    using Kinsky for iPad ForceAlbumArt=400
    and etc

Administrator

Add

[ForceAlbumArt=300]

to the ChorusDS section of the override settings

Administrator

Update 15th Sept

A significant update, one which improves library scan times and internal artwork handling. In addition, a folder.jpg could be added / replaced at a later date and the album art for all tracks in the folder will update to this new art.

Changes:

Split the debug logs to two (lib could overwrite asset debug)
    WHS Config Page - on clicking refresh all gave a Ok Cancel, cancel does nothing so is removed
    Makes a date note of album art in external - folder.jpg, if changes then all tracks in that folder are auto-reindexed, newest art (internal or external) is used
    Removed the Scan Trigger items from Asset Tree, as various control points now seems to self browse the tree (plugplayer,etc) which would trigger continous scans
    Pending Rescans are cleared at the end of a scan (incase rescan was selected whilst scanning)
    Much faster rescanning of library (many times faster)
    Persistent Album Art URLs, even through a Refresh all of database. Artwork stored in optomized single file
    Way more snapier when giving out artwork

Bug Fix: Whilst reindexing was taking place, was possible for Asset to not return track listings

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I have tried on a device without R4 before, Remote Desktop to WHS, copy the .msi to the software share, then move to a folder on C: (I have c:\installs). Next right click on the msi and select uninstall. Then double click to install. It shows on the configuration page 'Release 4 (BETA)'
    That did the trick! Thanks Spoon.

Re: Asset UPnP v4

When trying to install the update on WHS, via remote desktop, I get the following error:

A network error occurred when attempting to read from the file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrtator\Desktop\Asset-Install.msi

Please can someone hellp me out....

Administrator

Not 100% sure you can install from the Desktop, try copying to the folder c:\installs

Wait 5 minutes, then try.

Unfortunately that has not worked. When I try to install as an add-on, I get an error 1603.

Is there a way of installing with administrator privileges on WHS?

I shoud also add that Asset does not seem to be functioning at all now. Would it be sensible to remove the existing installation and install the new one from fresh? If I do this, I am not sure about product keys, etc.
    Last edited by rsj; 09-18-2011 at 09:40 AM.

I changed the name of the install file to asset-install.msi (because the error message suggested this was the file that could not be read) and that seemed to resovle things, although the version release for Asset is still 3.

Administrator

Make sure you uninstall first (rc on install file >> uninstall), then install.

The version number is shown correctly only on the Asset Settings Page.

All working now, thank you. However, I have noticed that with the latest version of Kinsky (4.2.1), album art takes a long time to load.

Administrator

For a listing of albums, or a singular large art? how long is long?

This is for listings of albums - it is taking minutes. I have also tried reinstalling Kinsky, but it seems to make no difference.

Administrator

Asset runs on the NAS and Kinsky on your PC, or ipad?

Asset is running on a RipNAS and Kinsky on a Windows 7 PC.