title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v4

Re: Asset UPnP v3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    That is more of something a control point should offer, in that the interface for doing so would naturally fall to the control point.
    So it's something you might consider for Asset Control? :D

Administrator

Perhaps

Could some of the criteria of Advanced Search be added to Dynamic Browsing e.g. type? My library is a mixture of MP3 and FLAC (for reasons so boring to go into here) and it'd be good to be able to use dynamic browsing to play just FLAC for example as well.

(Btw, sort of in relation to above, can I use Asset to present two libraries e.g. a MP3 lib and a FLAC lib depending on my renderer e.g. Pure radio & Linn DS. I know I can transcode but I can't select that from, say, the Pure Radio itself)

Administrator

Editing those items is planned.

Hi Spoon,

I read your posts elsewhere in this forum that Asset 3.0 is not supporting WHS 2011. Just for clarification: Is support of WHS 2011 a target for the current development of Asset UPnP 3.1?

Cheers
    Andreas

Administrator

For WHS 2011, install the XP version (through remote desktop, change Asset to run as a service) and configure from the remote desktop.

what's the best option to use for windows server 2008 R2? Not expecting official support for this platform, just a tip...

Administrator

Sorry what do you mean 'best option'

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MnM View Post
    what's the best option to use for windows server 2008 R2? Not expecting official support for this platform, just a tip...
    Install as a service (updating does loose all settings though)
    Remember that you must have installed the desktopextensions (from functions/roles) though there is no need to enable them.

Good luck

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Settings are always lost on my system, running as a service on windows 2008 R2 (foundation)

>. Settings should always be preserved, even through uninstalls.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Trying to install in WHS2011 - which I guess is some sort of "similar" to the abovementioned installation-instructions for Server2008.

I made the following observations, though, and hope, that some of the more server-experienced members here might jump in with advice.
    My prerequisite is, that I do not want to run the configuration as "out of the box", but I always have extended the tags stored in the database with additional tag-fields such as "work", "movement" etc. (editing the database-configuration-file). I know, that I can adjust the browse-tree with the config-utility, but to add the tag-fields to be indexed, I need to edit the database-config-file manually.

When remote-desktoping into WHS2011 to make the installation, I can choose to install "local" or "service". Of course, I want service.
    But: When I do that, then I do not find the database-configuration-file, since even as an administrator, WHS2011 does not allow access to some of the folders on the C: Drive, where I think, this file might be stored.
    When installing as "Local", I can find, ACCESS and edit the database-config-file and edit it - but that is of no use, since the moment I switch Asset to "service", this config-file is not queried - there must be a different config file somewhere else at a place, where even as an administrator, I have no user-rights for access...

Now, I thought: let's try a workaround. Configure Asset to run as "local" and call it upon server startup by creating a task. This works, and it calls the database-config-file I am able to access and edit.
    The only downside is: when I remote-desktop into the WHS, I get two running instances of Asset (seems logical: one already running through the task, one started because I logged in).

My question: I want to copy a larger amount of music from my old WHS V1 to the machine running WHS2011. When - in remote desktop - calling Assets configuration utility and either disabling Asset or disabling the option to watch for changes, will Asset due to the already running "tasked" instance still try to index the increasing number of music-files again and again and again (it'll take a few hours to copy all my music over the network, I guess)?

And, question number two: when just running as a plain and normal "service" - where will the database and configuration files be stored on the server, and how can I access these folders which I think will have an access-prohibition???

Thanks for any input on this matter...
    Last edited by dvdr; 08-15-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Administrator

It should be under:

C:\Users\Default\Appdata

when running as a service. Once a file has been index it will not be indexed so it is safe to copy the files with Asset running.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It should be under:

C:\Users\Default\Appdata

when running as a service. Once a file has been index it will not be indexed so it is safe to copy the files with Asset running.
    Thanks, Spoon, but all there is, is a folder named Roaming, and in there, one called Microsoft. No trace of the beknown dbpoweramp-folder.
    If I run Asset as local, I will find the dbpoweramp folder in c:\users\adminstrator\Administrator\AppData, but configurations there will not infuence Asset, when run as a service.
    All other folder under "users" such as "default user" have no access for me...

Administrator

Not sure, I hope to release a WHS 2011 version within the next 3 weeks if I am lucky.

If you look in registry editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\(perhaps Wow6432Node)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

This contains the location that Asset is using for configuration.

Administrator

Not sure, I hope to release a WHS 2011 version within the next 3 weeks if I am lucky.

If you look in registry editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\(perhaps Wow6432Node)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

This contains the location that Asset is using for configuration.