title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP v4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaFork
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2011

Re: Asset UPnP v5

Quick update on BubbleDS (Android UPnP control point) usage for UPnP search on the r4 latest beta: BubbleDS 1.4.1 was released yesterday. If you force UPnP search enabled under the advanced options menu, search will give back results. Asset does not (yet?) correctly broadcast its support for search to control point software.

Furthermore: Asset r4 seems to support a limited search though, the search will only provide results if the pattern is part of a song name. You cannot search for other tags (artist, label, composer, ...), just song names. Although this already is a major improvement that I will use a lot, it would be nice if it could be extended.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Upstream artwork just uses the first file which has artwork, be it folder.jpg or embedded. You cannot guarantee which order the files will be scanned in.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

DaFork,

The final release of Asset will correct the search feature with Bubble (bubble also has to be updated also, to accept '*'). Can you switch on the debug feature of Asset then do some searches you think are not properly handled then post the debug log?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaFork
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
          DaFork,

The final release of Asset will correct the search feature with Bubble (bubble also has to be updated also, to accept '*'). Can you switch on the debug feature of Asset then do some searches you think are not properly handled then post the debug log?
          Now that I switched on 'force upnp search' in Bubble it works. However I am wondering if other tags than the title tag will give results as well in an upcoming version of Asset. If I search for 'dire' I do not get results matching 'Dire Straits'. This is likely as intended for now, but am wondering if it would be up in a future release. If that should already give results I can post the log you request of course.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Asset cannot currently search for partial matches.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaFork
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
              Asset cannot currently search for partial matches.
              That explains it, thanks I tested it and it behaves just like that. Put partial matches for artists and album names on the list of features that ship with v4 final please :-)

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It will not make the final release...
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• acjv
                  • Dec 2009

Asset v4 WHS2011 "networked data"

I am running (as a test) WHS2011 as a VM, and have several USB disks containing music data connected to the host machine (mac). As the VM sees the disks as "network locations" they seem invisible to Asset (running a registered version of WHS2011). I tried creating links in the local Music dir to the locations where the actual data resides, but Asset won't be fooled. If I copy some of the data to the local disk, it sees the data, and adds it to its db. Is there a fix for this, a workaround, or am I trying to do something that can't be done. In that case, networked data is a no go.

Arthur
                  Last edited by acjv; 02-29-2012, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• dvdr
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Sep 2008

Re: Asset v4 WHS2011 "networked data"

Arthur
                    there are just two things that I can think of:
                    a.) if the VM treats them as "network locations", try mounting the network location as a "local disc" by giving them a drive-letter and point Asset to that drive letter
                    b.) links will not work, create junctions. On my WHS2011, I am working with junctions, and Asset works. Only downside at the moment is, that (used to work before) the automatic rescan doesn't start, when I add new music to the music-folder, that is referenced via the junction.

Originally posted by acjv
                    I am running (as a test) WHS2011 as a VM, and have several USB disks containing music data connected to the host machine (mac). As the VM sees the disks as "network locations" they seem invisible to Asset (running a registered version of WHS2011). I tried creating links in the local Music dir to the locations where the actual data resides, but Asset won't be fooled. If I copy some of the data to the local disk, it sees the data, and adds it to its db. Is there a fix for this, a workaround, or am I trying to do something that can't be done. In that case, networked data is a no go.

Arthur

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

If you add folder in Asset then it should allow selection from the Network tree.

Mapping the drive possibly will not work for Asset running as a service (not 100% sure though, it is worth a try).
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• acjv
                        • Dec 2009

You're right; it only works when you're not running Asset as a service. The junctions did not work either, as they're not allowed to non local discs. I have the USB disks mapped to a drive letter, and that works fine.

Arthur

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Asset R4 Released
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>