title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AccurateRip result not written for insecure tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iangrant
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2007

AccurateRip result not written for insecure tracks

I am using R14.2 beta with a few DSPs, notably ReplayGain and Move Track on Error. I have ripped a CD that has an unrecoverable scratch on it, and so a couple of tracks were only ripped insecurely. These tracks don't have the AccurateRip Result or AccurateRip Disc ID tags. They also don't have they ReplayGain tags (although that might be because I have re-ripped them separately from the rest of the album).

Is there anything I am missing to enable these tags to be written? Ideally I'd expect/like the line like 'Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 3, Re-Rip 255 Frames]' to be in there. Maybe also the 'Insecure Audio from xx:xx:xx.xxx to yy:yy:yy.yyy' lines.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AccurateRip result not written for insecure tracks

It is likely the Move Track On Error DSP will be the cause.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• iangrant
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is likely the Move Track On Error DSP will be the cause.
      I can test it without that DSP later tonight, but why would that strip the tags? By design, or it's a bug?

Comment

• iangrant
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2007

So I tested it without Move on Error, and it does write the AccurateRip result and disc ID tags. Is this a bug with Move on Error that will be corrected?

Secondly, I noticed that the AccurateRip result tag it does write for my insecure track is 'AccurateRip: Not in database Secure: No [76A7C07B]', however, the other tracks on the disc were ripped securely with confidence 3. Can it be that just this track is not in AccurateRip? How can I check this? Alternatively, is this also a bug?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Both Move on Error and Encode Local effectively take the file away from CD ripper, so that AccurateRip IDs cannot be written.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• iangrant
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Nov 2007

Thanks for the explanation. Can it be fixed? Move on Error and Encode Local become less useful because of this and the inability to write ReplayGain tags.

Also, regarding my other question: without Move on Error or Encode Local, for an insecure track, the tag reads 'Not in database Secure: No', despite the other tracks on the disc being in the database. Can the track really not be in the database? Or does it mean it doesn't match? (hence insecure)

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It cannot be easily fixed.

Depending on Confidence it is possible for a track to not be in the database and others in the database.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>