title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No detail pane data after "open with"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NorbertHD
    • Jun 2011

No detail pane data after "open with"

The detail pane data in explorer for flac files is a fine feature of dbpoweramp. But when I choose "WMP" at "open with" in explorer, then the detail pane data is gone.
    "open with" adds the key "UserChoice" to "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\FileExts\.flac\"
    When I delete the registry key "UserChoice" then the detail pane data is back, but the association between flac files and "WMP" is gone. So what to do?

Regards, Norbert

PS: Windows 7 x64
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No detail pane data after "open with"

re-run dbpoweramp configuration after doing open with
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• NorbertHD
      • Jun 2011

I have executed dbpoweramp configuration and closed, but there was no change on detail pane.

Then I have executed dbpoweramp configuration, disabled "Thumbnail and Property Handler" and closed. And again enabled "Thumbnail and Property Handler". But no change on detail pane.

What else can I do?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try restarting the computer.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• NorbertHD
          • Jun 2011

Restarting the computer after executing dbpoweramp configuration doesn't solve the problem.

Can you reproduce the problem and executing dbpoweramp configuration solves it for you? Or are you just guessing?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I cannot reproduce, the odd thing is dBpoweramp Property handlers go in:

HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion \\PropertySystem\\PropertyHandlers\\

This is not even in the current user. Unless there is something taking higher preference to the property handler in the HKCU reg.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>