title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Lag pulling Meta Data - All of a Sudden

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cut-Throat
    • Feb 2011

Lag pulling Meta Data - All of a Sudden

I have been ripping my CDs over the last couple months. Just yesterday, There has been a serious Lag pulling in the Meta Data. I can load the CD and see that it is in "accurate rip". I may take as long as a minute or more to populate the titles and artwork.

Did I accidentally change a setting somewhere? Does anyone know what might have suddenly changed? Nothing else is slow on my internet connection.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Lag pulling Meta Data - All of a Sudden

Try R14.2 from the beta section of this forum.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cut-Throat
      • Feb 2011

To those of you that also have this problem. Here is the answer that worked for me, that I got on another forum. A temporary fix, but works for now.

yeah, i have de-selected two of the providers - i am now only using AMG and FREEDB and the metadata is as fast as normal again!!

i have noticed that FREEDB is more accurate anyway...

Comment

• Cut-Throat
        • Feb 2011

More Information ----

MusicBrainz seems to be the culprit. Uncheck this in Metadata and it the data will be populated as fast as it was last week.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Like I said, try R14.2 from the beta section of this forum, it has updates to the musicbrainz code to make it compatible with the recent NGS changes which happened there.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cut-Throat
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
            Like I said, try R14.2 from the beta section of this forum, it has updates to the musicbrainz code to make it compatible with the recent NGS changes which happened there.

Except that the people that have it installed are also reporting this problem.

Comment

Working...

]]>