title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch ripping with sony xl1b - help

Batch ripping with sony xl1b - help

I bought dbpoweramp tonight and hoped it would work with my sony xl1b 200 disc changer. I installed the registered version of dbpoweramp and downloaded the batch ripper and the medium changer plugin from this page:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...highlight=xl1b

When i try to configure the batch ripper i choose my "MATSITA" drive and click edit. I chose "medium changer" from the loading method drop down and the click the test button beside "load CLI". The "errors from testing" text area shows "Unable to Open Changer, Another Program has it Open?"? The debug area shows:

Running Program: ...
    Waiting For Changer Mutex: Got
    Finding Changer: Found: \\?\sbp2*sony&vp-xl1b...
    Opening Changer: **** Error: Unable to Open Changer, Another Program has it Open?

Testing complete.

I don't have any other applications open and I have powered the changer on and off and restarted the computer several times with the same results.

Administrator

Re: Batch ripping with sony xl1b - help

Which Windows Version do you have?

Windows XP pro. Running on IBM thinkpad laptop.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nojoy View Post
    Windows XP pro. Running on IBM thinkpad laptop.
    May or may not be related to the symptoms you see: I had a similar issue come up and was able to resolve it by temporarily stopping the Removable Storage service in the Services control panel (probably under Administrative Tools).

-brendan

I was able to use the batch config one time last night to load and unload a disc but when i went to batch rip the list of discs did not show up.

I disabled that service and it seems to have helped things. When I run he batch ripper it seems to load the CD, opens the ripper program but then I have to click rip to rip the CD and when it is done I have to close the window. When I do this the batch program will go to the next disc and I have to repeat the process.

How do I configure the CD ripper to automatically rip the CD and close when done? I assume there is a setting somewhere to do this?

Administrator

Install R13 of Music Converter.

That solved the problem. Thanks.

Hi

Same issue as above, I had r13 installed and all batch ripping was fine, then I registered and the link sent me registration for r12.4 and it doesnt work for batches. So I re-loaded r13 all is fine but I only have 9 days left..

Please tell me there is a registered version 13 that works with the batch ripper..

Thanks for your help and product.

Administrator

Uninstall, install registered R12, then install R13 over the top without uninstalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Uninstall, install registered R12, then install R13 over the top without uninstalling.
    Hi Spoon,

installed R14 + batchripper + dBpoweramp-Batch-Ripper-MediumChanger-Loader.exe and get same message as nojoy 01-23-2008 01:27 AM above.

I run XP Home SP3, no iTunes , Nero, etc. on that PC (AMD XP 2600)

Any help ?

br Matt

Administrator

You have to disable the service, if you have not already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have to disable the service, if you have not already done so.
    Hi Spoon, this helped but it took me some time using the German Version of XP. Here the German instruction for your German users:

click on: Start - Systemsteuerung - Verwaltung - Dienste. Look for "Wechselmedien" and right click that line. In Eigenschaften change "Starttyp" to "Manuell" and save. Then restart your PC.

That solves the issue once and for all.

br. Matt