title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Podcasts in Radiotime

Podcasts in Radiotime

I have an old Roku Sound Bridge, I would like to use it to listen to Podcasts. I bought Asset UPNP specifically for this purpose. However, I cannot get it to work.

Here is what I did:

1. I created a user in radiotime and I added the podcasts I wanted in radiotime
    2. I installed Asset UPNP and put my radiotime user name in
    3. In Sound Bridge, I can see my presets and I can see the list of Podcasts.
    4. When I click the episode I want to listen to, Sound Bridge stuck at connecting to station

What do I need to do to get podcasts work?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Podcasts in Radiotime

Do radio stations work?

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Working:
    Local media (mp3 or flac)
    Some Internet radio (e.g. displayed as WETA (Public) [64kbps] )

Not working:
    Podcasts (in either my presets or directly from radiotime's list)
    Some internet radio (e.g. displayed as WAMU (Public) [32kbps])

Thanks

Administrator

It is possible the WMA internet streams are not functioning, they are a little more involved than mp3 internet stream (for example, once the WMA streams stopped working, 3 hours of debugging later and a simple restart of the router was required to get them going again).

Thanks again,

After reboot everything, it seems both WAMU and WETA works now. Of the podcasts I tried, the results for are mixed:

Working:

BBS business daily

Not Working:

APM: Marketplace
    Market place Money
    Planet Money
    Freakonomics Radio

What should I do next?

Administrator

There is little we can do to assist streams, they either work or they do not.

I get this solved. I installed Media Monkey and have Media Monkey download the podcast to my local hard drive and then serve the podcasts to soundbridge. However, this somewhat defeat the purpose of having Asset UPnP.

I thought Asset UPnP provides a straightforward solution. However, the support for Radiotime and podcasts leaves much to be desired. To be frank, all my devices (blackberry, ipod, WDTV) with radiotime support worked as it should be and have never had any problem with downloading podcast. And I have never thought supporting Radiotime could be an issue.

On a related note, it would be nice if Asset UPnP can support podcasts directly in future version.