title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: album artwork failing 100%

album artwork failing 100%

Surely I'm doing something wrong... this used to work...

Using Registered Reference release 14.1 on Windows 7x64 ultimate. I also have the option for "Edit ID Tags" on right click menu turned ON in Windows Explorer Intergration.

However, when I choose (either from the above mentioned Edit ID Tags window or from within CD Ripper) to Add Album Art -> Choose (from internet), no artwork is found. Ever.

A window pops up, and IF there is existing artwork on an MP3 or FLAC file, it'll be shown. Otherwise, the window is blank with only a 'cancel' and 'sort...' button on the bottom. When the window first pops up, the mouse cursor does do a brief "working" type cursor.

As well, using "resource monitor", I see that the program is attempting to open port 80 at IP 74.125.91.99 (which goes to google, and when I attempt to go to "http://74.125.91.99:80" in IE, it works fine.)

I've verified that this isn't a firewall issue by simply turning off my firewall and trying again, but that doesn't resolve the issue.

Can anyone please offer any assistance or troubleshooting steps to resolve this?

Thank you
    Gary

Administrator

Re: album artwork failing 100%

Issue noted (will require an updated dbpoweramp, R14.2)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Issue noted (will require an updated dbpoweramp, R14.2)
    Wow, I was convinced it was something I was doing as I didn't see it reported elsewhere. In that case, any chance of a beta that fixes the problem in the meantime?

Thanks
    Gary

Administrator

It has happened overnight, I hope to get a beta out today

I just purchased the full version this weekend of dbPowerAmp and am having this issue as well. Will a fix be out soon?

Administrator

Install R14.2 (beta from the beta section of this forum),

R14.2 will not be released for a number of months.

Install R14.2 (beta from the beta section of this forum),

R14.2 will not be released for a number of months.
    Will this version devoid my registered version? Will I have the same access??

Administrator

If you install R14.2 beta over the top of R14.1 registered (do not uninstall R14.1) then it stays registered.

Now i've installed the Beta Version R14.2 on my Win7 x64 Ultimate.
    Unfortunately, no artwork is found.:blush:

Administrator

When? inserting a CD and it is read from AMG, etc? or when you click the 'Choose Artwork' button?

You need dBpoweramp Reference for artwork to work in R14

When? inserting a CD and it is read from AMG, etc? or when you click the 'Choose Artwork' button?

You need dBpoweramp Reference for artwork to work in R14
    Recently purchased dBpoweramp and it was working fine until today. Suddenly, no album art or internet meta data is found or displayed. Tried downloading the beta and no change to the behavior. But not sure it installed correctly. How do I determine the current version?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mjbuchanan View Post
    Recently purchased dBpoweramp and it was working fine until today. Suddenly, no album art or internet meta data is found or displayed. Tried downloading the beta and no change to the behavior. But not sure it installed correctly. How do I determine the current version?
    Turn off computer AND router. Turn on router, let boot. Then computer, then start dbpa.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Turn off computer AND router. Turn on router, let boot. Then computer, then start dbpa.
    You're kidding...right? That might be acceptable for freeware but not something I paid for :(

Administrator

dBpoweramp Configuration shows which version you have.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mjbuchanan View Post
    You're kidding...right? That might be acceptable for freeware but not something I paid for :(
    Not kidding at all. Sometimes there are DNS problems, IP assignment problems, etc. that have nothing to do with the software, but do cause an internet connection problem for the software. I paid a lot more for my computer and its software, and once in a blue moon something goes wacky and a reboot solves everything. rebooting router and computer is an easy step and costs nothing to try.