title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: musicbrainz multiple disc matches

musicbrainz multiple disc matches

Perhaps I've missed it but is there any way to select an alternative match from the musicbrainz metadb? I've seen mention on other postings that a selection box is offered if freedb is used as the metadb and multiple results are returned. I've been trying to rip the Jacqueline Du Pre Complete EMI Recordings, a 17 disc box set. Inevitably some of the discs also match previous releases but the metadata can be significantly different. For example CD2

http://www.musicbrainz.org/cdtoc/m7W...TPiJ2Nhcoxlwg-

which has French metadata for the match returned by CD Ripper but the alternate match is correct for my release.

If not already available it would be nice to add a pick from multiple matches or perhaps to cycle through them when the "Music Brainz" button is clicked in the Review PerfectMeta Matches window. Alternatively the ability to specify and load the metadata for a given MBID would be good though I'm not sure how you'd handle multiple disc releases as a single MBID seems to be used for all discs.

Administrator

Re: musicbrainz multiple disc matches

It is not possible to browse or select other matches.

Thanks for letting me know. Interestingly I decided to capture the query and response sent to MusicBrainz as I am getting odd metadata back even where the disc ID has only one match.

So for instance retrieving metadata for Disc 7 in the box set CDGrab sends a query for

discid: ggMuCarw29AD.29HbWnK7qZaIs4-

which yeilds the release ( type Compilation Official )

id: 9e12f53e-ea2c-4c4f-8928-8cae3c206655

When CDGrab asks for the metadata for this release the web service returns the metadata for all the discs in the compilation. Unfortunately it does not correctly extract the data relevant to the discid which was originally queried.

Administrator

This issue is confirmed.

Is it already possible to select the correct musicbrainz entry? Very annoying if the correct data is available and you cannot use it....

Administrator

It is not sorry.

Any update yet cause this is quite annoying. The data is there but dbpoweramp can't use it...

Administrator

Will look again soon

Administrator

The issue highlighted in this thread was fixed my years ago (where a multiple box set, was returning all discs in the box set and incorrectly using the first disc in the box set).