title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: CD Ripper trial allows only one user to add/change profiles

Question CD Ripper trial allows only one user to add/change profiles

I installed on Windows 10 (as administrator) a trial version of dBpoweramp Reference Release 16.4 [64-bit], and then ran CD Ripper (as administrator).
    I added new profiles.
    I don't want to have to run as administrator all the time, so in the Windows registry I copied a profile from the administrator account to a user account.
    When I run CD Ripper from the user account, the Profile field is greyed out and displays "(default)", even though the registry entry Profiles for the user has been updated.
    When I open the CD Ripper Options form, nothing can be changed.

Is this behaviour because the Registration Status is Un-Registered, or is there some other reason?

If I purchase Reference and have a registered version, will all users on my PC be able to individually configure profiles?

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper trial allows only one user to add/change profiles

It is only possible to enable the trial by installing correctly into a users account.

I re-installed the trial, running the exe as a user, not as administrator (although the install still requests the administrator password to allow changes to the system areas).
    The profiles were picked up from the registry, and the options were able to be changed.
    Thank you for pointing that out.
    If a different user logs in, the same behaviour described in my original post occurs.
    Does every user have to install the trial version?
    Is this the same for the registered version?

Administrator

Registered users do not have this restriction.