title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conductor tag in flac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vogon8
    • May 2011

Conductor tag in flac

In the box in the bottom centre headed "Meta Data for All Tracks", dmpoweramp shows metadata for various fields including Conductor, Instrument and Period. These seem to populate themselves correctly.

However:
    (i) these fields are not shown ion the "Review PerfectMeta" screen, and more importantly:
    (ii) the program does not actually seem to save them with my files.

When I rip a CD which correctly shows a "Conductor" in this box, neither MediaMonkey nor WMP (with flac tag extender) seems to pick this up - their "Conductor" field is empty. I'd like to pick up all these tags.

I have ticked all the "Write iD tags" boxes under Options/Metadata & ID tag.

What am I missing here?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Conductor tag in flac

Review Metadata would not show those tags.

For a ripped file, right click >> Edit ID Tags

does Conductor show?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Vogon8
      • May 2011

Sorry, I don't get what you mean. In what program should I right click?

Have now looked at the files with Tag&Rename as well - Conductor not there. If I rip the file with EAC, the Conductor is picked up in WMP, MediaMonkey and Tag&Rename.

Comment

• Vogon8
        • May 2011

OK, now I know what you mean - right click in Win Explorer.

Yes, all the info is there! But why is it not picked up by any other program? Not MediaMonkey, Not WMP (with flac extensions), not Tag&Rename. As mentioned above, with EAC, the Conductor is picked up by MediaMonkey.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

As per the vorbis comment specifation here:

Composer is mapped to Performer, you can switch it off in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced (for programs which do not follow the tagging standard).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Henkjan
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Spoon

Composer is mapped to Performer, you can switch it off in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced (for programs which do not follow the tagging standard).
            I wish I had read this before I ripped all my classical CDs.... within dBPowerAmp it still shows up as Conductor
            now find a way to batch change the performer tag to conductor....

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Henkjan
              I wish I had read this before I ripped all my classical CDs.... within dBPowerAmp it still shows up as Conductor
              now find a way to batch change the performer tag to conductor....
              Use either ID tag processing utility codec or mp3tag and you can fix this easily with batch processing.

Comment

Working...

]]>