title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dynamic file naming

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arthurb
    • Feb 2008

Dynamic file naming

I could have sworn that Music Converter saved previously used settings for dynamic renaming of files from tag data, but when I now use it, it does not...

I assume that my senility is worse than I thought, and that MC has never done this - can anyone confirm this?

If it doesn't, should I raise this as a suggestion? Shouldn't be too difficult, as the target folder is currently saved, and probably only 3 or 4 need be saved (though someone will always want more...). I use 2 different settings constantly for Rock/Pop/Jazz and for Classical, and this would be really helpful.

So, was I mistaken, and does anyone else think this is useful?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Dynamic file naming

All 'codec' settings are saved, Tag from filename is a kind of virtual codec. Check you do not have any security software running dBpoweramp in a sandbox.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• arthurb
      • Feb 2008

Thanks for the prompt reply Spoon; I should have thought of Norton, it gave me trouble with some GPS software temporary files.

Are the 'settings'* for Dynamic Renaming held in a particular file-type, because I can tell Norton to ignore that type?

* To be completely clear here: by 'settings' I mean the string of tags within [ and ] brackets and separated by \ characters, and I thought that the definition panel that came up after clicking the 'Set' button gave a drop-down history of previously-used tag-strings. That is where my memory failed me.

So, are those strings saved in a particular file-type?

Thanks for any help,
      regards,
      Arthur.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Dynamic does not remember previous values
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• arthurb
          • Feb 2008

Thank you Spoon - I guess my memory was playing tricks on me. I have added this to the wishlist - perhaps someone else would be interested...

Thanks again, and sorry if I wasted your time.
          Regards,
          Arthur.

Comment

Working...

]]>