title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Eject problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gijoewoz
    • May 2011

Eject problem

This is my first post here, I've searched the following key phrases without getting any helpful results "Eject", "Eject issue", "Eject Problem"

I have been using the CD Ripper for about a week without any issues until last night. I finally received confirmation that Accuraterip is configured, but since that happened (I don't know if there is any real connection between the 2) I have had issues ejecting disks after ripping them. When the disk finished and I press the eject button on my drive nothing happens. If I right click on my disk drive and click eject I get an error message. If I click Eject in CD Ripper I get a blue screen and my computer reboots. After it reboots the disk will eject normally at least once.

The computer is a brand new Toshiba Portege. I've had the computer for a week and installed the trial version of this program right away. This software will be a life saver to me and I'll gladly pay for it after the trial, as long as I can get this bug worked out.

Feel free to point me to threads that I may have missed in my search.

Thanks,
  • gijoewoz
    • May 2011

Re: Eject problem

Every time I rip a CD (using Reference), if I eject the CD, my computer loses the ability to communicate with my DVD burner drives. I cannot get dbpoweramp, Winamp, Windows Media Player, iTunes, or Windows Explorer to see or access any contents of any type of disc inserted into my drives. I have to reboot in order to use them

I found this thread. I'll try this when I get home, does it seem like I'm on the right track with this one?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Your computer should never blue screen, either:

The drive is faulty
      A Sony type rootkit CD has installed something nasty
      Your system drivers have bug

There are no other real settings which should effect the eject.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gijoewoz
        • May 2011

Thanks for your response Spoon! Since this is a brand new computer I'm already concerned, the only software that I have downloaded that was not part of the original package is Firefox, Dbpoweramp, Kaspersky AV, a wireless mouse and Office 2010. I will try to update the optical drives drivers, but it seems that my issues are somehow related to this program.

Any other suggestions? Should I uninstall and reinstall? Is there a way to check my computer to determin what is causing the problem if it is unrelated to dbpoweramp?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

IF you reboot the computer and try eject (in explorer) before even trying dbpoweramp, then it is not possible for dbpoweramp to effect anything.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gijoewoz
            • May 2011

Thanks again for the quick support. I'll do some troubleshooting when I get home and report back. My assumption was that it was this software that was causing the problem (based on the age of my computer and since clicking on the "Eject" icon was directly resulting in the blue screen). Hopefully I can resolve this quickly.

Comment

• gijoewoz
              • May 2011

Unfortunately I am still having issues. I have rebooted my computer and I can successfully eject a disk by using Explorer without fail. As soon as I eject with the dbpoweramp icon or set it to automatically eject once the rip is complete I get blue screen with message DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL.

I have had Kaspersky installed from the first 10 minutes I opened the computer, I don't know how a rootkit could have made it through. I have scanned for DVD-ROM drivers and it seems that I am up-to-date. I'd rather not uninstall this program, because I assume I'll have to re-configure Accuraterip, which took forever. Any ideas?

I also tried in safe mode with the same results. The physical button and explorer opened the tray without issue, but as soon as I used the cd ripper to open the tray I got the blue screen. I have uninstalled the software, hopefully just temporarily.
              Last edited by gijoewoz; 05-18-2011, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

You could try the change offered here:

Every time I rip a CD (using Reference), if I eject the CD, my computer loses the ability to communicate with my DVD burner drives. I cannot get dbpoweramp, Winamp, Windows Media Player, iTunes, or Windows Explorer to see or access any contents of any type of disc inserted into my drives. I have to reboot in order to use them

It could well work in this instance (as Windows is doing the eject, not dBpoweramp).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gijoewoz
                  • May 2011

Thanks again, I'll give it a shot. I had the program working wonderfully last night, as long as I used the manual eject or explorer. I was afraid to try the icon again because I was running something that I couldn't have my computer reboot during. I really hope I can get it to play nicely, this is the only software that I have been able to find that does what I need.

Comment

• gijoewoz
                    • May 2011

Spoon, the process outlined above seemed to fix things. I have been able to use the built in eject icon without having any crashes. I don't understand why I had to do this, since it seems that nobody else using this program has reported the same issue. I checked for new cd/dvd rom drivers, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drive, I ran a rootkit scanner, and I wasn't able to find any issues. Clearly though there is something about my computer that is different than most, so I'd like to figure it out.

Thanks for all of your help. I'll report back if I am able to find the cause of this issue. If you have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Comment

• gijoewoz
                      • May 2011

Correction...I still have issues even with the above mentioned fix. It worked a couple of times yesterday, but today it does not. I didn't have issues for the first couple days that this program was on my computer. I'll update this post once the fix is found.

Comment

Working...

]]>