title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

>am I gona lose a lot of sound quality? is it noticeable

From 128Kbps mp3 yes you probabbly will notice it, the key with Audio Compression is to compress direct from an Audio CD for best results (not an mp3 where sound quality is already lower)>
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SamEm24
      • Apr 2004

that sony burning software(Sonic Stage Simple Burner) Isn't encoding all the mp3 files I choose, sometimes it Doesn't burn all the desired songs on the cd, is there an alternative to this, I want to use Atrac3Plus 48Kbps, ne help?!

Comment

• Unregistered

SonicStage is well crap.

How the hell do I create a ATRAC3 file with at bit rate of at least 256kbps that sonic stage will allow to transfer to by netMD?

SonicStage 2 allows you to create a 256kbps ATRAC3PLUS, but this will not transfer to my NedMD.
        The highest quality ATRAC file that I can create and transfer without further conversion is an ATRAC3 132kbps which is shit, as the bit rate of ATRAC stored on a MD is 256kbps.

Has anyone created better software yet??

HELP!!!

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Sky^ [Unreg.]
          The same to me... I don't think that Sony will release the format specifications to privates or open source projects... but why not try?

Comment

=ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

I just got d-nf400.. it is a atrac3plus mp3 CD walkman, anyways, i tried running the sonicstage program to make my own "ATRAC CD." i have all my audio in my library. i got it to the transfer screen. I put all the audio i want in the transfer side of the screen. BUT every second or so, all the music i wanted to put into the CD disappears. i get so fustrated! damn.. anyways.. i put the new patch on and everything, but hte same freakin problem keeps poping up. i tried to continue burning the CD, but the progess bar just stops in the middle of 1-2%. i tried waiting, contacted Sony support.. nothin.. i hope i can get some support here...

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Solution Now !!

This is the link to that page
              [url]http://download.com.com/3000-2646-10200579.html?tag=lst-0-1[/

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Web Power
                Search for 'SurfSecret' on download.cnet.com

SuftSecret CD Rip Software 30 day trial description is
                "rip Audio CDs, and convert files to/from WAV, OGG, MP3, MP2, Real Audio, Vorbis, WMV, AVI, VQF, Monkey Audio, Atrac3, and more"

This is the link to that page

I TRIED SURFSECRET AND IT DOESN'T WORK,i cannot install the program..Can anyone help?
                Boycott SONY.

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: WMA>ATRAC3?????????

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  Sure, if u got Atrac3 codec that's no problem. U can use any grabb/convert sofware like Easy CD-DA Extractor(Easy Audio File Converter).
                  HELP.......Can u give me a link in order to find those atrac 3 codecs?

Comment

• Unregistered

i EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM,I have this message appearing :"setup was unable to create the directory C:/Program files/ Surfsecretripburn" access denied.... HELP....

Comment

• yilmam

My Thoughts

I've had a Sony D-NE510 atrac3 cd player for a year now, and I've got to say I'm very impressed.

I've had no problems using simple burner doing a very things I picked up on after the first blown cd:

1. You can't convert mp3 files with either VBR(bit rate changes during the song) or if the mp3 file has a frequency of under 32kHz. *If you have a file that is either VBR or under 32kHz do not try to convert it as is. Simply convert it to a steady bit rate, or a higher frequency using Cool Edit pro, or a similiar audio editing program.

2. If you listen to the songs using Simple Burner it will probably crash the program. Instead, use winamp or another program to listen to the songs (to determine which you want in the burn for example).

3. Close all other programs on your computer. I have a beast of a comp, and even so simple burner uses most of my system resources. It's a slow process (which is understandable giving what it's doing) so don't make it any slower by taking away essential system resources...and possibly causing an error in so doing.

I've had no problems using simple burner, so if you follow these and still have problems, it's something I'm just not getting for some reason.

In regards to quality, I've got to say I'm VERY impressed. I was expecting a neccessary trade off between quantity and quality. Surprisingly the tradeoff is almost nothing. I have a $250 pair of sennheiser headphones, and comparing the original audio to atrac quality at 105 and there's almost no difference.

At the lowest (48) the difference is slighty more noticable, but only when using good headphones, and even then it's still a small difference.

Hope i helped out, if only a little :D

Comment

• Unregistered

I've been checking around as I had a very long time ago when i posted and I foudn real audio 8 has the codec built into it to play atrac3? I found it mentioned in some random notes i found searching google. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to look into the technology of real audio 8 in order to maybe provide an alternative means of playing and possible converting these into different formats? I'd imagine cool edit could do that? Anyways, still searching, really disgruntled for burning about 23 albums over two or three atrac3 discs -_-.

Jau Peacecraft

Comment

• Unregistered

is it possible to convert atrac to mp3?

Comment

• Joseph
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            is it possible to convert atrac to mp3?

Yes, but not easily.

Comment

• Unregistered

Is there a program that can be purchased?

Comment

• Unregistered

I recently found a atrac3.acm file on soulseek......what would his file do? I was going to try and see if Irfanview could somehow use it [like their mdia player plug in, that would be awesome if their program could support the format, lt alone anything else].

hey everyone can hope.

Jau Peacecraft

Comment

Working...

]]>