title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jau_Peacecraft

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Originally posted by Jau_Peacecraft
    A little detail I noticed on my computer....
    The image viewer/ multimedia player Ifranview somehow was able to view one of ym atp files but didn't play for ovbious retarded obstacles by Sony. A possible look into for a atrac3 player? Not sure if that helps, but upon coming to this thread I too will try my hardest to help the search.

The potential of this format is just waiting out there... I can feel it!
    Muahahahahaa

Jau Peacecraft
    Creator of Peacecraft Productions

Comment

• Jau_Peacecraft

Go here:
      (Atrac3 codec)

DivX, 3ivx, XviD, MP4, AVC, h264, AC3, DTS, AAC, APE, FLAC, OGG, Vorbis, MP3, ATRAC3, Monkey, Free, Lossless, Musepack, OptimFROG, True, WavPack, mpeg4, TV, Audio, Video, Playback, Encoding, Compression, Digital, Software, Package, Codec, Pack, all in one Bundle

Interesting...very interesting...

I shall continue the search!

Jau Peacecraft

Comment

• Jau_Peacecraft

Get Soulseek (search on google or zeropaid.com)
        And Add this user to your list:

jhitronic

He has the Atrac3 codec ([All Codecs for DivX 5.0.5 Pro, XviD, 3ivx, MP3, AC3, OGG & Sony ATRAC3, Also supports Matroska & XCD] Cole2k Media - Codec Pac)
        Rename it to.exe when finished downloading.

I will reply when I restart computer and try to see if it works (after the installation)

Jau Peacecraft
        Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

P.S. Im giving my URL since I might host whatever I can find pertaining to Atrac3 codec and atrac3 on it later on, if i find anything that works.

Comment

• ToolNut
          • Jan 2003

ok so its been a few months....ok so realplayer one...the free version allows you to download an add on that allows you to use realone as a way to burn atrac3/plus cds...so i wonder if this could be done with dBpowerAMP....

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Yeah, I agree Sony's SonicStage sucks bigtime. It's like flying a space shuttle on MS-DOS 1. One common problem I encounter is that after adding a bunch of files to the image to be burned, I get the error message "Cannot add more files" when the disk was not even one quarter full. This can be overcomed by burning multiple sessions on the disk (time wasted), which also means you get 20-30 folders on the disk if you want to fill up a whole 700 MB disk. Even then, you still get a "Not all files have been burned" message at the end of the burning process and indeed, they have an uncanny ability to miss out your favorite tracks. The conversion from mp3s is crap. There is a thumping noise in the backgroud for some tracks and it doesn't go away even when I encode them at higher quality. This doesn't happen when you convert directly from audio cd but if you convert audio cd to mp3 to ATRAC3, you get this problem, no matter what mp3 quality you try. Is Sony trying to kill mp3 and take over the world with ATRAC3? I can't believe a giant corporation as big as Sony can turn out a product so idiotic as this.

Unsatisfied Sony customer
            yes I have to agree ..i can't burn one CD with out it crashing and my beautiful highly organized play list.. LOST..took me about an hour just to make the play list!! WHY NOT OFFER THE OPTION TO SAVE YOUR LIST!?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT PLANET SONY WAS LIVING ON?!!and for what..NOTHING! REALLY IT SUCKS...the software sonicstage is shit ..musicmath juke box is a decent progam they need to take some notes...so i spent all this money not to be able to burn music why revolve your product around a bad progam??!

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Sony have gotten a really bad name with their digital players, personally I wouldn't touch one, shame as their other poducts - TVs, Playstation, etc are quite good.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

the cd player itself isnt that bad it is actually quite good. None of you are forced to use atrac3plus. My conclusion is that atrac3plus feature is a joke and we are all better off utilising the mp3 cd players as mp3 players and not atrac players.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Jau_Peacecraft
                  Go here:
                  (Atrac3 codec)

DivX, 3ivx, XviD, MP4, AVC, h264, AC3, DTS, AAC, APE, FLAC, OGG, Vorbis, MP3, ATRAC3, Monkey, Free, Lossless, Musepack, OptimFROG, True, WavPack, mpeg4, TV, Audio, Video, Playback, Encoding, Compression, Digital, Software, Package, Codec, Pack, all in one Bundle

Interesting...very interesting...

I shall continue the search!

Jau Peacecraft

you know that site (http://www.cole2k.net) this might be stupid but i cant download anything off it. it says:

"To enable direct downloads and file mail please click tha banner at the bottom of the page, you may also need cookies enabled on your browser."

i think i have done that, but i still cant download anything. can anyone help, because i also need this for my DV cam

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Joseph
                    The only beef I have with Sonic Stage Simple Burner is that one time, I was ripping a large amount of CD's to Atrac3Plus for my sister, and in the middle of burning the software said error, and all the information was lost and the cd was unusable. I wish it could've ripped the cd's to the hard disk and then burned them, but it rips them to a temp directory and if something goes wrong all that hard work that you did ends up getting thrown away.

That's why we want Atrac3 and Atrac3Plus supported in DBpowerAmp. So we can have entire music collections of Atrac encoded files on our hard drive at our disposal, to do whatever we want with them, and play them in DBpowerAmp and even convert them to another format if we wanted to.

Comment

• Unregistered

www.cole2k.net uses a pop up verifier, it blocks you if you have a pop up killer.

Comment

• Unregistered

Comment

• Unregistered

What does AVLS mean? How can I get it to stop prohibiting me from turning up my volume?

Comment

• Joseph
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            What does AVLS mean?
                            Automatic Volume Limiting System

Comment

• Unregistered

i just got tha atrac3+ discman from sony. I found a way 2 stop from SonicStage from crashing or skippin tracks while it writes on a cd. I use CDRW when burning cdz in atrac3 format n yes i did get that strange problem when SonicStage messes up and gives msg'z such as "some tracks weren't written" or "error". BUT THERE IS A WAY!!! This might sound really silly n a bit stupid but i went out n got SONY [music] CDRW'z instead of using wat i usually use which is TDK, and now sonicstage doesnt stuff up anymore!
                              But what puzzles me is that sony hasn't released a program that will allow u 2 play atrac3's on pc'z or macs?? YY???

- not so satisfied sony customer

P.S. n the person who asked about AVLS...therez a switch that gives u tha option 2 turn on/off AVLS itz found when u open tha disc lid..that part near the lense

Comment

• Unregistered

I am also starting to get fed up with this software. Everytime I try to rip CD's to ATRAC3 it completely freezes up!!! I have only been able to make one CD with this software and have wasted countless hours trying to mak another one. Does anyone have any type of solution for this problem or am I screwed?

Comment

Working...

]]>