title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Unregistered

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Atrac3...what a load of rubbish, Sony...love there products...most of em... apart from when it gets down to their mp3 players.

Iv got an nw ms7 with xp. i then had a promblem with my cmp and had 2 ditch the upgrade of ver 2.0. Now i want it back but it won't install and ver 1.1/1.2 won't work on xp...!!!

I can't even find any solutions for this to checkin/out music! Any solutions?

Btw great website about the way sony really are!!

Unregistered

Unhappy Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i searched download.com for atrac3 and found a atrac3 converter (from mp3 etc -> atrac3 and from atrac -> mp3 etc..)

i'm on the search for a atrac3 player/cracker/anything ... nobody knows anything?

How did you find the atrac converter? Can you please tell me???

C.L.

Unregistered

I have been enjoying the posts on this subject...

About a year ago I bought an MP3 portable CD player, (RCA) about $60.00 and it lasted about 3 months...

I was going to pitch it in the trash can, when I realized I had bought Best Buy's 2 yr replacement warrenty...

So, I thought I would upgrade and get a Sony Minidisc, MZ-N510 as I was hoping to be able to do a little recording from my little Tascan 4 channel mixer...

Now, you read thru the advertising stuff on the Sony package and you get the impression that the minidisc will play MP3's...then I found out that I had to convert my MP3's to the ATRAC3 format which then takes up additional HD space...don't like that...:(

THEN I found out that with SonicStage I could only "move" my ATRAC3 cuts back and forth between my computer and my Sony 3 times...!!!...this is absoutly ridiculous....!!!

Those items, and the fact that SonicStage is pretty buggy, requiring multiple restarts, multiple re-connections of the Sony to the USB cable, and a SonicStage is NOT the easiest piece of software to figgure out...

I was pretty p****d at the whole deal...

BUT...I love the sound quality...the "el cheapo" head sets that came with the Sony are very well suited to the output of the little Sony player...It sounds significantly better than my JVC headsets that I paid about $80 for a couple of years ago plugged into the soundcard on my computer, Soundblaster Live....

AND, the unit itself is small enough that I can put it in my shirtpocket and continue working or whatever I'm doing...and it doesn't skip while jogging...

Yes, recording to the minidisc is annoying...It takes far too long and way too many hassels...

I also have an MP3 player with a 128mg SC card and I can drag and drop about 25 MP3 files to it in about 10 minutes or so...

So it would seem that the con's outweigh the pro's...but with the portability and sound quality, even at a lower bit rate than MP3's, I really like my little Sony and have decided NOT to get rid of it...

I got a packet of 10 minidiscs and have put a bunch of my favorite cuts on them and I'm quite happy...

Now, for those who are interested...here is a link to another forum that talks about using a Nero CD burner in RAM disk to do your ATRAC3 files and eliminate the 3 moves of your tracks on and off the minidisc...

I have not tried this yet, maybe this weekend, but it looks like a workable option to SonicStage...

http://www.t-station.net/forum/showt...&threadid=4825

Enjoy, and thanks for your time...

Steve
    St Louis, MO

Unregistered

Cool Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

I have a question... does a Atrac3/mp3 cd player from sony also read just regular mp3 cds without the atrac coding? or does it have to be in that coding? thanx

Unregistered

This goes to people who have a Sony MDnet Player and use Sonic Stage.

If you want to transfer your MP3s to your MD player, be sure to have your MP3s encode in a quality not higher than 256kbps. I'm suggesting 224kbps because I experience some problems when converting MP3s with 256kbps quality songs to ATRAC3, they did not play on my PC nor the MD player. Strange enough, if you have your songs encode in .wma, you can go to 320kbps quality with no problems at all !

Unregistered

If you have a MDnet Player from Sony, they will only read ATRAC - ATRAC3 format.

Admo

How did you find the atrac converter? Can you please tell me???

C.L.
    i also would like to get that converter!!! got the link? i can't find it....

unless it is somewhere else?

Unregistered

Question Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

If you have a MDnet Player from Sony, they will only read ATRAC - ATRAC3 format.
    Problem:

I'm a guitar player that uses the Sony MZ-N710 in combination with the Sony ECM-ZS90 Stereo zoom mircophone, to record my stuff.

The problem is that my recordings apear as ATRAC and it seems impossible to copy them to the 'musicdrive' (harddisk).
    Y?

It doesn't seem to have any problems with im-/exporting ATRAC3
    files. Has anyone experienced this particulair problem?
    Is there a patch of some sort?

Thanx in advance,
    mailto:plectrum69@hotmail.com

Unregistered

Problem:

I'm a guitar player that uses the Sony MZ-N710 in combination with the Sony ECM-ZS90 Stereo zoom mircophone, to record my stuff.

The problem is that my recordings apear as ATRAC and it seems impossible to copy them to the 'musicdrive' (harddisk).
    Y?

Thanx in advance,
    plectrum69@hotmail.com

Unregistered

Problem:

Y?

Thanx in advance,
    mailto:plectrum69@hotmail.com

Unregistered

Talking Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Pal:the Ending Of Atrac3 / Atrac3plus Is Atp. See Ya...

Unregistered

Angry Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Yeah, I agree Sony's SonicStage sucks bigtime. It's like flying a space shuttle on MS-DOS 1. One common problem I encounter is that after adding a bunch of files to the image to be burned, I get the error message "Cannot add more files" when the disk was not even one quarter full. This can be overcomed by burning multiple sessions on the disk (time wasted), which also means you get 20-30 folders on the disk if you want to fill up a whole 700 MB disk. Even then, you still get a "Not all files have been burned" message at the end of the burning process and indeed, they have an uncanny ability to miss out your favorite tracks. The conversion from mp3s is crap. There is a thumping noise in the backgroud for some tracks and it doesn't go away even when I encode them at higher quality. This doesn't happen when you convert directly from audio cd but if you convert audio cd to mp3 to ATRAC3, you get this problem, no matter what mp3 quality you try. Is Sony trying to kill mp3 and take over the world with ATRAC3? I can't believe a giant corporation as big as Sony can turn out a product so idiotic as this.

Unsatisfied Sony customer

oxygen7

Cool Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

I am using the atrac3plus format at exceptionally high bitrates (524) you dont get that with any sony product. I got it off one of my cousins collegues who has a brother working in sony corp JAPAN. I dont think it will kill mp3 afterall all the new sony portables support mp3. But if developed a bit further it can be a good challanger. Now with that bitrate i also have a problem with thumping noises off mp3 converts but other than that i dont have any problems. Even at that bitrate i get 4 minute songs only around 5 megs big. its amazing and the sound is very clear. of course i am not ussing it proffessionally so i dont know what results it will have played on those big-as-my-bedroom wooffers that the guitarist dude might have. catch you later. i dont monitor this forum so for further contacts (other than giving any of you my high bitrate conversion software) you can contact me at oxygen7@abv.bg

LEEROY

Exclamation *** Free Software ***

Yo, i've been reading up about atrac3 alot recently and have found the software from sony to make the atrac files, Its called SonicStage and theres this other on called OpenMG or something, i dunno, but heres the website guys:
    www.vchewjr.addr.com

Anyways, my email addresss is infernostrike@hotmail.com, anyone with interesting info or updates on the atrac info can u please inform me

Thanks and ur welcome
    Roy

Jau_Peacecraft

A little detail I noticed on my computer....
    The image viewer/ multimedia player Ifranview somehow was able to view one of ym atp files but didn't play for ovbious retarded obstacles by Sony. A possible look into for a atrac3 player? Not sure if that helps, but upon coming to this thread I too will try my hardest to help the search.

The potential of this format is just waiting out there... I can feel it!
    Muahahahahaa

Jau Peacecraft
    Creator of Peacecraft Productions