title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

TheyCallMeX

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

My problem with the program, is that ya cant but more than 99 folders.....If you can and i just dont know how..Can some one help me?

Unregistered

one thing I've noticed is that many people are talking about converting mp3>atrac3. this will inherently produce the problem of creating unlistenable song tracks since when you are converting from one lossy form of compression to another you are continuing to lose sound quality. that is why I would like to see dbpoweramp come out with it's own Atrac3 plugin so one could convert SHN, FLAC, WAV to Atrac3 thus maintaining most of the sound quality.

The Jackyl

Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

First of all - some people were saying how the SimpleBurner was locking up or giving error messages - I had the same problem...wasted about 3 hours trying to figure it out. From what I've found out, it happens when you try and convert regular CDs, AND MP3 CDs to an Atrac3Plus CD...I'd convert about 10 CDs, then go with my MP3 files, organize them, title them, etc.

Try reversing that order - converting MP3s first, THEN do CDs. It worked for me.

Alright, the program IS a bit slowER...but on my new Dell computer it's fine. It's more high-end, that's all.

On the real issue, though, Sony is shooting themselves in the foot here. They have the potential for a GREAT format here. Atrac3Plus IS decent, when it's tweaked. I'm fortunate to know someone at Sony who has access to the Atrac codecs (sorry...I asked for 'em and he wouldn't give em to me :D ), and they're pretty good if you tweak them up to a higher bitrate. 128 Kbps sounds like CD-quality, even on my friend's $400 a pop speakers. The only problem...is that tweaking it is damn hard with that DAMN SIMPLEBURNER program!

I realise that security might be an issue here - release the codecs to companies and they could be leaked to companies like Koss or Yamaha...and there goes Sony's profitable monopoly. Put in some security measures - we've already seen things like that done with Windows XP and those new Secure CDs, and lease the codecs to dbPowerAMP and other players and charge royalties or something. Suddenly, they replace MP3s (no matter what people say, they ARE smaller in file size, by comparison), and their being used everywhere.

Look at DVD - it's taking OVER the video market. There was competition at first - Laser Disc, and DivX and whatnot - but it's accepted everywhere, it's inherintly better than VHS by a long shot - you've got a good product now SELL IT.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    one thing I've noticed is that many people are talking about converting mp3>atrac3. this will inherently produce the problem of creating unlistenable song tracks since when you are converting from one lossy form of compression to another you are continuing to lose sound quality. that is why I would like to see dbpoweramp come out with it's own Atrac3 plugin so one could convert SHN, FLAC, WAV to Atrac3 thus maintaining most of the sound quality.

The Jackyl
    sorry to say so, but i never read anything so stupid !
    the conversion is not made by filtering out stuff from the mp3 as a RAW,
    its being processed back into "normal" wav data (a raw sound)
    which is generated into mem by decompressing the mp3..
    then generating the returning format (atrac3, ogg, etc..) back from mem,
    working a second after another, this allows a normal quality.
    when things like shitty quality happens its usually because of a problem within
    the mp3, the encoded data doesnt allow the decoding process to return
    a raw data close enough to something that been in the original CDA/WAV data,
    ergo, the re-filtering will take out the excessive codes, which in this case would be the needed codes,
    leaving the shitty crap.

so lets sum it up,
    stupid = mp3>filter>atrac3
    smart = mp3>decompress>filter>atrac3

Unregistered

You have a very twisted theology. You think you know what you are talking about, but you really have no clue. So maybe you should just stop now.

Horney666

Exclamation Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Hey. ive beensitting reading all the posts in this topic and now i'm gonna throw in my two cents.

I have a SONY atrac3plus CDwalkman (D-NE711). I also used the SSSBurner and found out problems. I didnt receive any error messages just the thing freezing on me. But i stormed off after this had happened for the eight time, and lo-and-behold, when i came back 2 minutes later - it was fixed. i was just too impatient?! My processor had a problem reading the disc! Any of you guys try that??

Also, about the quality andstuff, mine is fine. All the songs (both those MP3's i had downloaded, and the songs from my CD collection) are all saved at 66kbps - which is really good quality listening to it on my earphones.

Any questions i'll help cos i seem to be the only person that has any praise for SONY and ATRAC - i feel it will revolutionisethe music industry - i love listening to any of 40-50 artists whenever i like without carrying around a suitcase full of CDS!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for your time

Allan (AKA Horney666)

Web Power

ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Solution Now !!

Search for 'SurfSecret' on download.cnet.com

SuftSecret CD Rip Software 30 day trial description is
    "rip Audio CDs, and convert files to/from WAV, OGG, MP3, MP2, Real Audio, Vorbis, WMV, AVI, VQF, Monkey Audio, Atrac3, and more"

This is the link to that page
    http://download.com.com/3000-2646-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1

I was looking for ATRAC3 solution for someone I know. I would not buy
    products of such dumb company which is making people run around for
    solutions for what they have paid for. There are tons of players out
    there. Why use such encrypted media and keep crying ?

Boycott SONY.

Administrator

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Solution Now !!

Search for 'SurfSecret' on download.cnet.com
    Almost certainly this is the Wave ACM codec that Sony released, such Atrac files can not be used on any sony device.

Unregistered

Unhappy Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Quote Originally Posted by ToolNut
    What seems to be the deal with Sony and their excusiveness with their technolog....anyways why would you want to have a cd at such low qualaty as ATRAC3? thats like 64kb/s! 128-192kb/s is about the best if you want to bother compressing the files much. But the highest ATRAC3 qualaty is around 132?kb/s so thats still low but i guess its "supposedly" a better comp. algorythm than the mp3 one. So i guess it would be a good idea to somhow include support fot ATRAC3 in dbpowerAMP......but i bet it would be a CLI encoder only........
    i have the same issues as most of these people, wheres the software update? Never mind that, quality over quantity, atrac3 at 64kbps is cleaner then mpe at 256kbps, i know that sounds like a dang advertisement, but i know this cause i plugged my little diskman into my pioneer hi fi system and it sounded lots better, the bass didnt hollow out at the lower ohm's like with mp3's.

ALL I WANT IS A DANG UPDATE TO THE SOFTWARE OR A PLUGIN FOR MUSICMATCH OR ANY PROGRAM TO CONVERT AND BURN WITHOUT THE ERROR MESSAGE! thank you and goodnight

Unregistered

I bought the d-ne711 mainly to play my mp3cds and was didnt know anything about its atrac3 capabilities. I was very happy with the amount of mp3s that i could fit on a cd but i figured i'd try atrac3 anyway just to see what it could do.

I think everyone agrees the simple burner thing is awful, it lacks even the most basic features that you'd expect in a piece of software. An update would definitely be welcome.

I was suprised by the amount of time a full cd took to make but when i thought about it again it wasnt that bad for what was involved. i.e. decodeding 300 mp3s to WAV format and then encoding them in the complex atrac3 format, 5 or 6 hours isnt that long. It would probably take me a lot long to rip 20 albums to mp3.

A 64kps file sounding almost better in some cases than a 128kbs file sounded too good to be true but the quality is amazing.

The only problem was the fact that it was unable to write a number of mp3s. I dont know for sure but i think i read somwhere that this is something to do with a particular mp3 codec. Anyone know which one? Or anything about this?

I was sceptical of surfsecrets claims to be able to encode atrac3/ It seemed to be that if Sony had allowed them the use of the codec then others would have the encoding ability too and my scepticism was proven to be correct as i found when i tried it. Surfsecret cant encode atrac3. It simply does not work.

Unregistered

Hi, is there any software that allows me 2 download not in realtime audio files from my sony md? See i'm recording conterts, and it's every week and sometimes 2 at teh weekend. Eeh it takes so much time to make a backup (Mp3, AudioCD, etc...). Is there a way do grabb this files from my MD faster than real time playback ? And not losing sound quality ofcourse.

Thanks.

Unregistered

WMA>ATRAC3?????????

Is this even possible, to convert WMA files to ATRAC3 in the Simpleburner software? Do I have to convert them to MP3's first? 'Cause that takes like 30 minutes per album, and I've got maybe 50 albums to do...I don't have the time! Can anybody suggest a better way? Is there another program out there that will make the whole conversion thing less painful and time consuming? HELP!!!!!!!

Unregistered

Re: WMA>ATRAC3?????????

Is this even possible, to convert WMA files to ATRAC3 in the Simpleburner software? Do I have to convert them to MP3's first? 'Cause that takes like 30 minutes per album, and I've got maybe 50 albums to do...I don't have the time! Can anybody suggest a better way? Is there another program out there that will make the whole conversion thing less painful and time consuming? HELP!!!!!!!
    Sure, if u got Atrac3 codec that's no problem. U can use any grabb/convert sofware like Easy CD-DA Extractor(Easy Audio File Converter).

pe666o

thank for helping. But it looks like i cant find any file on the internet with .ATP, .AT2 or .AT3. I'v have tryed useing p2p (Kazaa) and a URL/FTP searchers as well as dogpile & altavista. if someone know a good place to get ATRAC3 music or a website for software to download a MP3-->ATRAC3 tell me, as i have been looking for one for weeks. thanks
    hey if you have MD player, you should have music match coming with it, i have one, it is very slow from converting mp3-atrac3, though the quality is alaways the same as the mp3, never worse! thats mean it is the same or supirior to mp3z

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by pe666o
    hey if you have MD player, you should have music match coming with it, i have one, it is very slow from converting mp3-atrac3, though the quality is alaways the same as the mp3, never worse! thats mean it is the same or supirior to mp3z
    The software is still buggy, and crashes. I gave up on it. I just use dBpowerAMP to rip CD's in MP3 using Alt-Preset Standard. It does a good job, and can be played in big performance speakers and no one will know the difference.