title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to install codecs

Angry Unable to install codecs

Hi there!
    I have problems with instaling the downloaded Codecs (db-wmfdist-wma9.exe and dBpowerAMP-codec-wmav9.exe).
    I followed the download and install instructions at "http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-wma.htm"
    If I`m trying to install the " Windows Media Audio v9 System Codecs" I always get an error message saying: "Extracting file failed: itīs most likely caused by low memory (low disk space or swap file) or corrupted Cabinet file". Well I have more than 500MB free disk space and my swap file`s size is 512MB.

If trying to install "WMA v9 Codec Release 1.3b", this message comes up: "DBPOWERAMP-CODEC-WMAV9 caused an error in ....bla-bla" you know the story, don`t you. So can you help me on this?
    I badly need to convert some *.wma-files into MP3 thatīs why I`m trying to install these two codecs.
    I run WinME on a notebook with 384MB. My Windows Media Playerīs version is: 7.00.00.1441

Thanx a lot in advance for your help!

Regards Arturo:vmad:

Administrator
    Try getting a download manager such as 'GetRight', sounds as though both codecs were only part downloaded (Internet Explorer gives up all too easy).

Hi & thanx 4 the quick response! :-)

I did download the files with Getright! All together 3 times-always the same error messages!!! :-(

Any other suggestions ???

Administrator
    I am certain the files are ok on the server, don't know what to suggest.