title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sort by Length in Windows Explorer doesn't always work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • holygamer999
    • May 2011

Sort by Length in Windows Explorer doesn't always work

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit and Music Converter 13.4.

I have a game music website which I'm setting up. A lot of people upload music files but they also include sound effect files which are only between 1-45 secs in length which I don't allow because they're not really music. So I want to delete them. In Windows Explorer, to avoid having to manually hover the cursor over each file to see what it's length is, I just sort the files by Length. Then I only have to hover the cursor over a few files instead of 100.

My problem is that about every 100 albums I check, there's usually 1 album that doesn't filter the tracks once I click on the "Length" button in the toolbar. The tracks are of random lengths. I've uploaded some files from the latest album where I had this issue:

Please download them, filter them by Length and then hover over each file to see for yourself. Why does this happen and can you fix it? Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Sort by Length in Windows Explorer doesn't always work

Is the Length column filled correctly for those files, is it the wrong value, or blank?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GiacomoGo
      • Aug 2006

Re: Sort by Length in Windows Explorer doesn't always work

Originally posted by holygamer999
      I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit ...
      Problem discovery basically should stop there:
      vista-windows-explorer-incorrectly-sorting

Why would you expect Vista explorer to sort correctly?!

Or are you just advertising your website?

Comment

Working...

]]>