title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Why does dMC ignore replay gain values in FLAC?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vocalpoint
    • Oct 2009

Why does dMC ignore replay gain values in FLAC?

Morning,

I use J.River Media Center for all my lossless music. All files in this collection are FLAC and all files contain replay gain values as calculated by JRMC.

Now - I frequently take selections from this collection and create "mobile" MP3 copies to use on my iPod. I have two usual conversion methods - converting via JRMC - which seems quite slow - but does the job. And via dMC - nice and fast but I noticed an issue with a batch I did today.

When I batched out four albums worth of FLAC (which have all had their RG values written by JRMC) - and I imported this files into my "mobile lossy" JRMC library - I see that no replay gain values are present in the files.

If I convert the same batch using the JRMC MP3 convertor - the replay gain values from the FLAC files are written correctly to the converted MP3 files.

Any ideas on what's happening? Either JRMC is doing something special via it's convertor and actually looks for and grabs those values or the dMC doesn't look for FLAC replay gain values at all when it converts to MP3...

Would love some insight on this...

Cheers,

VP
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Why does dMC ignore replay gain values in FLAC?

dMC drops the ReplayGain tags, because when creating mp3 the values of the file change, so when you convert to mp3 do replaygain after converting.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>