title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer of album art during conversion of FLAC to MP3 using CLI

Smile Transfer of album art during conversion of FLAC to MP3 using CLI

Hi,

I hope that the title was descriptive enough

I really like using MP3Tag for all of my file / tag manipulation with my audio files. There is an option to use external tools for conversion, etc., and the dbPowerAMP CLI is one of those tools. I've had quite a bit of success with converting FLAC / APE files to MP3s for use in portable music players. I've been able to get all of the lossless tagging formats to convert to the ID3 equivalents with ease, with the exception of album art. Is there a way to do this with the CLI? I've scoured the CLI help and LAME codec documentation, and I saw nothing about importing album art using the CLI.

So far, I've been using this as a part of the command line for tag conversion:

Code:
    -tag="<destination_tag>=<source_tag>"
    For example:
    Code:
    -tag="title=%title%"
    If I'm using the correct switch for this, the first part of this puzzle is to figure out what the LAME encoder of the CLI uses as the destination tag for album art. The second part would be to find out what the source tag format would be for album art in MP3Tag.

If anyone could supply me with what the destination tag is, or what the correct switch is for use with the LAME encoder for the CLI, I'm halfway there!

Thank you for your time, patience, and consideration.
    Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation

Sincerely,

LonELon2000

Administrator

Re: Transfer of album art during conversion of FLAC to MP3 using CLI

If folder.jpg was written before conversion, there is a DSP effect 'ID Tag Processing' which can import it whilst converting.

Question Re: Transfer of album art during conversion of FLAC to MP3 using CLI

I have the DSP installed but it is not embedding the folder.jpg album art into the file when I convert the file. Is there some command that needs to be given? The option folder.jpg is selected in the within 'manipulations'

Am i missing something here?

dBpoweramp Guru

Which option is set, embed or export?

Import album art from folder.jpg

Administrator

folder.jpg is in the same folder as the source file?

Yes. Folder contains music files (flac) for one album and folder.jpg.

Administrator

How are you converting? this thread is about CLI encoding where CoreConverter is called directly (programming), rather than using Music Converter to do the conversion (right click on a file >> convert to).

What format are you converting to?

Sorry about not fully following the thread header but when DSP was mentioned I thought we were now talking about the music converter.

I am right clicking using the music converter to go from flac to mp3. Image file is in the same folder called folder.jpg. flac files with embedded images are converting successfully into crappy mp3's with album art. However, flac files without embedded artwork but associate folder.jpg are now converting to mp3 with art.

Need to compress and convert to lossy mp3 from decent quality loss-less flac.

Editorial side note....wish the industry would use superaudio level encoding so my digital music would sound more real.

Administrator

Are you 100% the folder.jpg is named just that, rather than folder.jpg.jpg (as Windows can hide the extension).

it appears to be folder.jpg How can I tell if its hiding an additional extension?

Administrator

If you have windows setup normally (not showing extensions), ie if you look at a program instead of showing notepad.exe it will only say notepad.

So for folder.jpg it should only say folder

Yep. It just says folder. So I don't think there is an extra .jpg

Administrator

Run dBpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter Tab

enable the last debug option.

Then try a single conversion, once done it will popup a debug log, save it to a .txt file and include it in an email (also include the folder.jpg file please). Email to:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Sent the debug file and image file in question to the email listed on the link. Please let me know if you have received it.

Thanks