title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot install Registered version of Asset

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JT9
    • Apr 2011

Cannot install Registered version of Asset

1) The Asset software functionality has been terrific so far.
    2) The update from trial to Premium Registered is PAINFUL. This should really be changed to simply allow entry of a Key, instead of removal/re-install.

I have uninstalled an re-installed, re-downloaded the 'registered' version again, etc, etc. I have tried ever combination, and searched the forums.

The most success I've had is moving from '27 days left' to '30 days left'.

How can I get Asset to install with the Registered version I have already paid for?

Thanks.
  • JT9
    • Apr 2011

Re: Cannot install Registered version of Asset

In case it has any bearing, the instructions say not to change the 'default' installation folder that appears. My default that appears is E:\Program Files\etc, instead of C:\Program Files\etc. I suppose it comes up that way because all my dBpoweramp components are installed on "E". So, I have installed to E. Should I be installing to "C" by chance?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

If Windows is installed on C: then yes has to be set as C:
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JT9
        • Apr 2011

No, I'm afraid that doesn't help.

- Removed Asset
        - Checked for occurrence of 'umedia' anywhere
        - Reran install
        - It prompted for location, which defaulted to E:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp
        - I changed E: to C:
        - Completed the install.
        - I chose Local Account
        - Within a minute, it was running again, but already had 6000 songs in 700 directories, and, still says 30-day free trial.
        - That seems too fast to have gone through all the tags of 6000 songs...
        - When I go to edit the configuration, my 7 custom Music source folders are still there. ALL my config changes are still there, i.e. M4A to WAV, etc.

Something is not being wiped out during removal. Where are those Music folder names and other config info stored?

Comment

• JT9
          • Apr 2011

Idea: This is a Windows 7, 64-bit PC. When you say install on “C”, which of the following paths do you mean:

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\
          C:\Program Files (x86) \Illustrate\dBpoweramp\

I’ve already tried the first. Didn’t work. That was my earlier post.

Comment

• JT9
            • Apr 2011

OK, got it. You can close this problem.

- I made sure to find and delete everything on both C + E related to Asset or umedia*
            - I went through the Registry looking for Asset, Spoon, Umedia, and deleted a couple of references. (I've got a lot of other dBpoweramp installs, so can't be too agressive with that.)
            - Removed reference to Asset from Windows Media Player GUI
            - Removed reference to Asset from WMP registry entries
            - Rebooted
            - Turned off Kasperksy AV
            - Ran Asset install, with Run As Administrator option

This time, it came up with a default prompt to C:\Program Files (x86) \Illustrate\dBpoweramp\, so that was looking more promising.

It installed fine, and is running fine now, as a Premium Registered version.

Comment

Working...

]]>