title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tag From Filename

Tag From Filename

Please forgive, if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but could not find anything pertaining anywhere else.

Been using "Tag From Filename" since it was released. Sometime I stumble around until I find the proper way to do what I am wanting to do. Then I save the statement.

My music files are saved as: p1960_0001 (artist)_title .

My Tag Recognition is: [disc] ([artist])_[title] .

This has worked for a long time. No problem. A couple of weeks ago I lost a hard drive (again) and had to reload all my programs. I updated dMc to version 14, and download all new codecs that i use.

Now, I am having problems with the Tag Recognition statement. It will not use the disc info at all. Sometime, not all, it will put the entire file name in the Artist Name. Sometime, it just does the complete artist name, instead of stripping out the parenthesis.

The disc info will not save in the file at all. Enter it manually through the edit program, and save it. It disappears. Have not tried any of the other addition tags for the files. My use of those are limited.

Anyone having any difficulty in the use of this utility ?

Appreciate any help or ideas.

Re: Tag From Filename

Well, I must be the only one having this problem. No problem. I did find out what was happening and how to fix it. Had to change the codec I was using to convert the files. I had been using Lame for my mp3's for a long time. For some reason it does not allow changes to the Tags. But the Franhofer does. So, as so many times in my 70+ years, I change. <gbg>

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tag From Filename

Quote Originally Posted by romeboy View Post
    Well, I must be the only one having this problem. No problem. I did find out what was happening and how to fix it. Had to change the codec I was using to convert the files. I had been using Lame for my mp3's for a long time. For some reason it does not allow changes to the Tags. But the Franhofer does. So, as so many times in my 70+ years, I change. <gbg>
    you should reinstall dbpa or something because this is very wrong. I use lame just fine and can use the tag from filename utility just fine.