title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verifying existing rips

Re: Verifying existing rips

Here is the letter A from my Rock Collection I am assuming that this is a representative sample of my entire Rock Collection with 74 CD’s. Some discs had multiple print outs with listing 2 different songs. The key question is what to do with the info and how do I address the ones that could not be verified?

Letter A Test of Cue Tools verification

AccurateRip: disk not present in database, will not submit.

\ABBA\Gold, Greatest Hits
    \AC DC\Back In Black
    \AC DC\Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    \AC DC\Highway To Hell
    \Aerosmith\Done With Mirrors
    \Aerosmith\Get A Grip
    \Aerosmith\Get Your Wings
    \Aerosmith\Greatest Hits
    \AC DC\High Voltage
    \Aerosmith\Nine Lives
    \Aerosmith\Permanent Vacation
    \Aerosmith\Pump
    \Aerosmith\Rocks
    \Aerosmith\Toys In The Attic
    \Aguilera, Christina\Stripped
    \Air Supply\The Definitive Collection
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\A Decade Of Hits
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\Brothers And Sisters
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\Dreams Disc 1
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\Dreams Disc 2
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\Dreams Disc 3
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\Dreams Disc 4
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\Eat A Peach
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\Idlewild South
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\Live at Ludlow Garage Disk 1
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\The Legendary Hits
    \America\America's Greatest Hits - History
    \America\Encore- More Greatest Hits
    \Animals, The\The Best of the Animals
    \Animals, The\The Complete Animals Disc 2
    \Anka, Paul\His All Time Greatest Hits (30th Anniversary Collecti
    \Ant, Adam\Antics in the Forbidden Zone
    \Archies, The\Sugar, Sugar
    \Argent\Greatest Hits
    \Asia\Asia
    \Asia\The Very Best of Asia- Heat of the Moment (1982-1990)
    \Association, The\Greatest Hits!
    \Astley, Rick\Greatest Hits
    \Atlanta Rhythm Section\A Rock And Roll Alternative
    \Atlanta Rhythm Section\The Best of Atlanta Rhythm Section [20th Century Masters- The Millennium Collection]
    \Atlantic Starr\Ultimate Collection
    \Avalon, Frankie\The Frankie Avalon Collection
    \Average White Band, The\AWB

recently verified: AR: database access error: Unable to connect to the remote server, CTDB: BadRequest.

\AC DC\Let There Be Roc
    \AC DC\Powerage
    \Adams, Bryan\Bryan Adams (Remastered)
    \Adams, Bryan\Cuts Like A Knife
    \Adams, Bryan\Into The Fire
    \Adams, Bryan\On A Day Like Today
    \Adams, Bryan\Reckless
    \Adams, Bryan\Room Service
    \Adams, Bryan\You Want It You Got It
    \Adams, Bryan\11 (Deluxe Edition)
    \Adams, Bryan\Waking Up The Neighbours

synchronization was lost.

\Action, The\Rolled Gold
    \Adams, Bryan\So Far So Good
    \Amboy Dukes, The\Loaded For Bear-The Best of Ted Nugent Ad The Amboy Dukes
    \Ashford & Simpson\The Best of Ashford & Simpson

AccurateRip: confidence too low, will not submit.

\Amboy Dukes, The\Migration
    \Animals, The\Animal Tracks (Japanese Edition)
    \Animals, The\The Singles Plus Disc 1
    \Association, The\Songs That Made Them Famous (1984)
    \Atlanta Rhythm Section\Third Annual Pipe Dream

AR: offset X, rip accurate (X/Y), CTDB: disk not present in database, XY- has been uploaded.

\Allman Brothers Band, The\Beginnings
    \Allman Brothers Band, The\Seven Turns
    \Alpert, Herb\Definitive Hits
    \Alpert, Herb\Going Places
    \Ambrosia\Anthology
    \Animals, The\The Singles Plus Disc 2
    \April Wine\Best Of

recently verified: AR: rip accurate (X/Y).

\AC DC\For Those About To Rock
    \Adams, Bryan\18 'Til I Die

CUEToolsDB: verified OK, confidence 112.

\a-ha\Hunting High and Low

AR: rip not accurate (0/2), CTDB: could not be verified, will not submit.

\Animals, The\The Complete Animals Disc 1

FWIW, I just CueTool'd 10 rips I have that are listed under your "AccurateRip: disk not present in database, will not submit" header, and all 10 verified with AccurateRip with confidence ranging from the teens to several hundreds, despite the absence of any .cue files for these albums. I'm talking Aerosmith, AC/DC, and Asia. I guess it's possible that you have some weird, uncommon pressings for these albums, but even obscure classical recordings I bought in the early to mid 80s almost all show up in AccurateRip, so I don't consider that very likely at all.

recently verified: AR: database access error: Unable to connect to the remote server, CTDB: BadRequest.:
    There's an icon (something with a clock) you should untick this one (it's the third icon on the right)

synchronization was lost.:
    these directories contain corrupt files.

AccurateRip: confidence too low, will not submit.:
    rips are accurate but only have a confidence of 2 or smaller. These are not added to the cuetools DB

I initially thought this program screwed up some my tracks cover art. I've discovered it has deleted my tags. Not on all my files but mostly 1-3 tracks on an album and up to 10 on a given album. Out of 29,000 plus tracks I have to repopulate over 3,500 tracks. Thankfully, I use JRiver Media Center and all the info is stored in an independent database. Because of the cover art problem I have to do it album by album. This is not good.

USE THIS SOFTWARE WITH GREAT CAUTION!!!!

I would like to help with this software but I need to be sure that it isn't going to damage my tags or files before I run it again. It would also be nice if there was a report or log generated after a run with everything organized by Category (see previous post) and artist. At that point I can at least update my database files to indicate all those that are accurate. This program has tremendous potential. It might be nice if the tags themselves could be updated to indicate that they have been verified by creating a field within the tags.

Tunetyme

Quote Originally Posted by timw0932 View Post
    FWIW, I just CueTool'd 10 rips I have that are listed under your "AccurateRip: disk not present in database, will not submit" header, and all 10 verified with AccurateRip with confidence ranging from the teens to several hundreds, despite the absence of any .cue files for these albums. I'm talking Aerosmith, AC/DC, and Asia. I guess it's possible that you have some weird, uncommon pressings for these albums, but even obscure classical recordings I bought in the early to mid 80s almost all show up in AccurateRip, so I don't consider that very likely at all.
    I am almost certain that all the AC/DC, Aerosmith, Asia were verified in accurate rip. I added most of these after accurate rip was available. Since I have been using accurate rip I rarely come across a CD that isn't present in the database. While I have found that about 10% of all new CD's I buy are less than satisfactory and I return them because of the errors. Generally if a CD has less than 40 C1 errors per sector it is correctable less than half of that for C2 errors and CU errors (uncorrectable gets an immediate return). I have some other software that will look at the disk and determine it's quality as well. My objective is to try to get as close to the master tapes that the CD media will allow.

Tunetyme

Tigerman:

Thanks for the info. I will check each of the tracks where it claims sync was lost.

Love your tag line...It is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknojnky View Post
    musicbrainz picard,
    What is this? Is this a program that will help clean up my database?

Quote Originally Posted by tunetyme View Post
    I am almost certain that all the AC/DC, Aerosmith, Asia were verified in accurate rip.
    Not according to your earlier post. As for your new claim about CueTools (I guess? You didn't specify the program you were talking about.) messing up your metadata, my money is on you being mistaken.

I will test it again. I have used foobar to find lyrics but that was after I ran cuetools. It was foobar that showed me that my metadata was missing. The only other program I used on my files is JRiver Media Center and I know that hasn't caused the problem.

As for AC/DC Asia etc. most of these were relatively recent additions to my collection so I am assuming that when they were ripped the were checked against accurate rip since I have been using it since it became available with EAC. I will look at file creation dates but I don't think that will be accurate if I have updated tags since the file was created. I think I have solved the date issue as the folder art hasn't changed and that was dated 3/25/09 for Asia/Asia. With AC/DC they are either 2006 or 2011.

From what I can see, it appears that the problem lies with cuetools. I am more interested in tracking it down and helping build the database as we all can benefit from cuetools verification and repair capabilities. I would take this directly to the developer if he had a forum on his website. I've tried hydrogen audio as well but I haven't had any response to my posts.

Have you run cuetools against your entire collection or just a few at a time?

Tunetyme