title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sony BDP-S570 DLNA misses start of music track

Sony BDP-S570 DLNA misses start of music track

Hi

I posted this on a Sony forum, but got no answers. I wonder if anyone has used Asset with a Sony BDP-S570, and if they see the same effect ?

Thanks

<<
    I have a Sony BDP-S570 bluray player, which works fine with my TV. Firmware version is M04.R.752

I also have lots of CD music tracks in FLAC format on a server, with ASSET Upnp (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm) as the server software.

When I play one of these tracks, either as FLAC (transcoded to WAV), or the same file stored as MP3 or WAV, then an initial portion, about 1 second, of the music is missing.

When I play the same files from the front panel USB, I hear all the track.

When I play the same files from the same server on a Roku Soundbridge, I hear all the music.

I noticed this with music files, and I have now created a small test with 5 tones at 0.5 second intervals, followed by some speech. When I play these on the Sony, I hear 2 or 3 of the tones only. I can upload these if anyone wants to try them.

>>

Re: Sony BDP-S570 DLNA misses start of music track

I have the same blu-ray player, and I am also having the problem of missing the first second of playback. I can stop playback, rewind, and then the whole track plays. I am playing WMA lossless files encoded to LPCM, and MP3 files on a Windows XP computer.
    I could create a debug log or a Wireshark log if you wish.
    This software is very robust, much better than Windows Media Player 11.

Re: Sony BDP-S570 DLNA misses start of music track

I have tried various UPnP servers with the BDP-S570. It's just not a very good audio streaming client. In addition to slow un-muting of audio, it fails to play tracks gaplessly.