title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter no longer working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teatime
    • Apr 2011

Music Converter no longer working

Hi,

I have been using this app for a while now without problems and it does the job I need very well, unfortunately of late the music converter has stopped working, which I noticed when trying to use the Batch converter.

I tried running the batch converter manually to convert a FLAC to an m4a and the progress bar runs through as if working, but the output file is never created.

I used sysinternals process explorer to try and diagnose the problem myself and didn't find much of note:

* Music Converter process creates dBSB19D.tmp file that contains 'F:\Ripped Music\FLAC\Radiohead\The King of Limbs\Radiohead - 01 - Bloom.flac'
    * Music Converter starts 'CoreConverter' process with 'CoreConverter -dbcmd="D:\Profiles\jim\AppData\Local\Temp\dBSB19D. tmp"'
    * Music Converter progress bar finishes and CoreConverter ends

I tried running the CoreConvertor command line manually (temp file hadn't been removed) and received an error:

E r r o r m i s s i n g i n f i l e & o u t f i l e & c o n v e r t
    _ t o . [ d B C o r e C o n v e r t e r : : P a r s e C o m m a n d L i n e

The only thing that has changed on my machine recently was installing Service Pack 1 which I did have a few issues with (I have a slightly non standard install, with Users and Program Data moved to different drives, but that's never caused issues before).

I tried completely removing and then re-installing after a restart without any resolution.

Anyway if you could provide any assistance it would be much appreciated as I currently find myself having to use the cd ripper tool to rip the same album in each format.

Kind Regards
    TT
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music Converter no longer working

Try a total clear, reboot and reinstall:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• teatime
      • Apr 2011

Hi thanks for the response, unfortunately even after a complete clean out the problem still persists after a new install.

I'm happy run a diagnostic tools to help figure out the problem if needed, but any other suggestions to resolve this are appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try converting the FLAC file to Wave as a test, is the wave file created?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• teatime
          • Apr 2011

I tried a few destination options (same folder, different folder, etc), but nothing is created.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Using the Wave encoder rather than m4a?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• teatime
              • Apr 2011

Yes, sorry I did that and have tried with various output options without joy.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Run dBpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter, enable the debug option (last option in the list), try to do a conversion (FLAC >> WAVE), then post the debug log here please.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• teatime
                  • Apr 2011

Unfortunately no log is being displayed, in fact none of the options on the music converter are being saved any more (e.g. destination folder, etc). Also I clicked the 'Display Information Log' option on the after conversions drop down but nothing happened. Is there a registry key I can set for that manually?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

You must have a security policy inforce which is stopping dBpoweramp from writing to the registry, this would explain why nothing works, as it is required for the program to function.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• teatime
                      • Apr 2011

Very strange, I haven't applied any policy, the only change was installing Windows 7 SP1. Is there any chance you can post a .reg file (or contents of) with all the settings (locations) I can then monitor that location using one of the sysinternals tools to see what permissions are missing.

Anyway thanks for all the help.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• teatime
                          • Apr 2011

Ok, thanks for your help on this I have finally got to the bottom of it.
                          Basically the problem was caused by Avast Security software, the program had been set to run in a Sandbox by default (I have must have accidentally selected it when it popped up once). I removed the sandbox setting and it works fine.

Comment

Working...

]]>