title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Fast Playback Speed & Pitch for Audio Book Audiobooks Encoding Option

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eckre
    • Oct 2005

Fast Playback Speed & Pitch for Audio Book Audiobooks Encoding Option

I love to listen to Audio Books, it's the number 1 use of dbpoweramp for me.

While listening to books on my computer, I use Winamp and an plugin called "Pacemaker" which can increase the Speed of the playback to 100%, which of course makes it sound like chipmonks, so it has a pitch lowerer which I can lower the pitch to -12.0 ST (-100%), whatever ST means which makes the voices sound normal again. Here is a screenshot:

So, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a dbpoweramp book encoding option, with like these options:

100% Speed Increase & Lower Pitch 100% (-12.0 ST?)
    50% Speed Increase & Lower Pitch 50% (-6.0 ST?)
    25% Speed Increase & Lower Pitch 33% (-3.0 ST?)

or 33/66/100, just three little options, Or something like that, depending on the media, some can't be listened to at 100%, etc.

I can do this manually, but not in any super slick dbpoweramp fashion to a whole book which is a folder full of mp3s.

This is a very popular feature and all ipods and Sandisk's mp3 players have this built in, but it's only 1 mode "Faster". The ipod is great because it adjusts the pitch down, but the Sandisk products don't, so you get mild chipmonk.

Thus is my request. Thank you for the best encoder on earth.
  • eckre
    • Oct 2005

Re: Fast Playback Speed & Pitch for Audio Book Audiobooks Encoding Option

I found an app that does this, though it's slow and no where near as elegant as DB.

It's called "Audio Speed Changer Pro"

And the ST is "semitones". In the picture -7.5 = 75% so pitch is perfect, it's just faster. I'd love the slider bar, but if you could only do three, 1/3 (133%) 2/3 (166%) and 1 (200%) would be oh so nice.

This software works perfect, but is so slow. I just wish it was integrated into DB like this. Come on, with 85%+ of mp3 players on the market building in this feature (ipod's sandisks, etc) don't you think it's popular enough of feature that DB could use it, and make it better?

Comment

• eckre
      • Oct 2005

Re: Fast Playback Speed & Pitch for Audio Book Audiobooks Encoding Option

Still no joy for dbPoweramp, there is a free solution though here: http://www.mp3-cutter-splitter.com/mp3_speed.html

Comment

Working...

]]>