title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to save changes to an existing profile?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: How to save changes to an existing profile?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Why not, what you described is why you have a problem?
    no idea !!!
    .. ok ... now try this ... I am ripping a HDCD .. now I want a copy of that CD in 16b 44.1k .. so I change the encoder setting ... to do so .. I have now finished ripping to 16b 44.1k & click my "master" profile .. it doesn't go back to "as source" in the "master" profile ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hitarth View Post
    no idea !!!
    .. ok ... now try this ... I am ripping a HDCD .. now I want a copy of that CD in 16b 44.1k .. so I change the encoder setting ... to do so .. I have now finished ripping to 16b 44.1k & click my "master" profile .. it doesn't go back to "as source" in the "master" profile ...
    Yes, the problem is you are editing the master profile. That is why you are losing the settings.

You need to do what I suggested earlier and create a new profile (copy settings from profile: master profile).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes, the problem is you are editing the master profile. That is why you are losing the settings.

You need to do what I suggested earlier and create a new profile (copy settings from profile: master profile).
    my friend, that's what I'm doing .. & no luck ..

dBpoweramp Guru

my friend, that's what I'm doing .. & no luck ..
    All I can go on is what you are describing in this thread and what you have described is now, to my mind, contradictory. If I have not been able to understand the issue here, I am happy for other users to step in and correct me.

CD Ripper Profiles is working for thousands of users, but you are sure it does not work. Maybe it is due to your particular setup/configuration, but without hands-on access to your system, I cannot be sure.

Therefore I am sorry, but I cannot help you any further.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

All I can go on is what you are describing in this thread and what you have described is now, to my mind, contradictory. If I have not been able to understand the issue here, I am happy for other users to step in and correct me.

CD Ripper Profiles is working for thousands of users, but you are sure it does not work. Maybe it is due to your particular setup/configuration, but without hands-on access to your system, I cannot be sure.

Therefore I am sorry, but I cannot help you any further.
    yes, my friend .. I too would say the same thing .. any ways .. no idea what happened there .. so I uninstalled dBpower .. deleted the registry entries, cleaned out all what I could .. & did a clean install .. and viola .. !! its working ... thanks a ton ..

thank you .. thank you .. & thank you ..

dBpoweramp Guru

I uninstalled dBpower .. deleted the registry entries, cleaned out all what I could .. & did a clean install .. and viola .. !! its working ... thanks a ton ..
    Great. I'm glad you persevered.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

thanks .. really appreciate your assistance ... I was wondering what happened ...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

hi .. it's me again .. (-;
    I just experienced a crazy thing ... I have a profile set as "master" as I mentioned earlier .. where the "FUA" option is not selected ... I was ripping a CD & found that it ripped a bit faster than usual .. so check my settings ... & here it shows that the "FUA" is selected .... .. is this supposed to happen ???

dBpoweramp Guru

hi .. it's me again .. (-;
    I just experienced a crazy thing ... I have a profile set as "master" as I mentioned earlier .. where the "FUA" option is not selected ... I was ripping a CD & found that it ripped a bit faster than usual .. so check my settings ... & here it shows that the "FUA" is selected .... .. is this supposed to happen ???
    Hi Hitarth,

Check your CD Ripper Options, Secure Settings, and ensure FUA is unchecked for every CD drive you use, unless you are using a Plextor.

Press OK.
    Last edited by Oggy; 11-24-2017 at 04:50 AM.

Administrator

Items with a yellow back to the line, they are drive specific not profile.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Hi Hitarth,

Check your CD Ripper Options, Secure Settings, and ensure FUA is unchecked for every CD drive you use, unless you are using a Plextor.

Press OK.
    my friend, the FUA was unchecked & then it got check by itself..no idea how this happened .. I am currently using only 1 drive at the moment .. the LG external drive. thanks anyways (-;

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Items with a yellow back to the line, they are drive specific not profile.
    hmm .. ok ... so it would detect the drive type by itself ??..

as the LG drive is FUA ....

thanks (-;

Administrator

You should uncheck for non-Plextor drives. It would check if you clicked test for FUA.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You should uncheck for non-Plextor drives. It would check if you clicked test for FUA.
    yes sir, that's what it did & I clearly remember me "unchecking" it .. after a couple of CDs I ripped I thought the rip speed had changed .. so I checked the settings & the FUA was nor "checked"

... strange !!

..what say ??

dBpoweramp Guru

yes sir, that's what it did & I clearly remember me "unchecking" it .. after a couple of CDs I ripped I thought the rip speed had changed .. so I checked the settings & the FUA was nor "checked"

... strange !!

..what say ??
    Every CD will rip slightly differently, and the software will control the speed. Set it to maximum and let it rip away; some CDs will slow down noticeably, and some fly through.