title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to save changes to an existing profile?

How to save changes to an existing profile?

Hi,

could someone enlight me how to save changes to an existing profile? I'm using dBpoweramp CD Ripper Release 14.

Regards, LosMintos

Administrator

Re: How to save changes to an existing profile?

Settings are automatically saved to the selected profile on program exit or change of profile.

Thank you, spoon!

If I want to save all my dBpoweramp settings (for CD Ripper) to transfer them to another PC, what's the easiest way to do that?

dBpoweramp Guru

It is not recommended doing this for cd ripper, rather go through the configuration guide again on the new pc

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Settings are automatically saved to the selected profile on program exit or change of profile.
    hi, which settings are actually saved in a PROFILE ???
    I have saved a few profiles & on doing this I have the tick in copy from "xxx"profile ....
    if I change the encoder setting, for instance, & click a profile to get back to all the settings .. the encoder settings don't come back and neither the path made to save the ripped files. ... I have to manually get them back ... for eg: if I rip a HDCD, for which the encoder settings is set to "as source" I make a copy which is 16b 44.1k & then after the rip when I select the main profile to get me back there, the encoder doesn't get back to "as source" ... am I missing a setting somewhere ???

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hitarth View Post
    hi, which settings are actually saved in a PROFILE ???
    All of them, I believe.

I have saved a few profiles & on doing this I have the tick in copy from "xxx"profile ....
    if I change the encoder setting, for instance, & click a profile to get back to all the settings .. the encoder settings don't come back and neither the path made to save the ripped files. ... I have to manually get them back ...
    If you change to another the profile, you load the settings for that profile you are selecting and any changes you have made, prior to selecting another profile are saved in the profile you are changing from. At least, that is how I understand it works, in the windows version of CD Ripper.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    All of them, I believe.

If you change to another the profile, you load the settings for that profile you are selecting and any changes you have made, prior to selecting another profile are saved in the profile you are changing from. At least, that is how I understand it works, in the windows version of CD Ripper.
    yes, that's what I thought so too ... I have a profile set as per Mr Spoon's tips .. works absolutely fine .. but, now & then I may need to change the encoder ... or the path, or the hidden track setting ... etc .. it could be any setting ... but ..when I click to go to that profile .. my master profile (for names sake)... all the settings MUST go to EXACTLY how I set them ...what say ??? this doesn't happen ...

dBpoweramp Guru

yes, that's what I thought so too ... I have a profile set as per Mr Spoon's tips .. works absolutely fine .. but, now & then I may need to change the encoder ... or the path, or the hidden track setting ... etc .. it could be any setting ... but ..when I click to go to that profile .. my master profile (for names sake)... all the settings MUST go to EXACTLY how I set them ...what say ??? this doesn't happen ...
    If I've understood you correctly, you have a main profile named master profile. You change to another profile and make some changes. When finished with that profile, you select the master profile, but it does not load all the settings for master profile? Is this correct?

... and is this for your install of dBpoweramp R16.2 on windows 7 home (using on bootcamp partition on Mac Book Pro)
    Last edited by mville; 11-17-2017 at 11:38 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If I've understood you correctly, you have a main profile named master profile. You change to another profile and make some changes. When finished with that profile, you select the master profile, but it does not load all the settings for master profile? Is this correct?

... and is this for your install of dBpoweramp R16.2 on windows 7 home (using on bootcamp partition on Mac Book Pro)
    well, almost ... I don't necessarily .. change the "profile" .. say I am using my "master" profile ... & I change the setting to "burst" for this particularly scratched CD ... after I rip in burst mode, I will click my "master" profile, to go back to where it was .... and I see that the setting is not back to "secure" to what I have made the "master" profile, it stays at "burst" .. so I have to manually change it to "secure" .... that's why I ask .. which are the settings saved when I make a profile.

dBpoweramp Guru

well, almost ... I don't necessarily .. change the "profile" .. say I am using my "master" profile ... & I change the setting to "burst" for this particularly scratched CD ... after I rip in burst mode, I will click my "master" profile, to go back to where it was .... and I see that the setting is not back to "secure" to what I have made the "master" profile, it stays at "burst" .. so I have to manually change it to "secure" .... that's why I ask .. which are the settings saved when I make a profile.
    Ahhh, I see now and the behaviour is what I'd expect.

You change the master profile from secure to burst, then you click master profile. The burst setting is saved (in master profile) when you click master profile, therefore overwriting the secure setting. As Spoon states, Settings are automatically saved to the selected profile on program exit or change of profile.

What you need to do is select the master profile and configure it with you main settings. Then for burst ripping, you need to create a new profile (copy settings from profile: master profile) and call it master profile burst. Then, anytime you want to use burst, select master profile burst. When you go back to master profile, it will load the master profile and the burst setting change will have been saved in master profile burst and not master profile.

Hope that makes sense.

dBpoweramp Guru

It does make sense, mville.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    It does make sense, mville.
    Thank you.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ahhh, I see now and the behaviour is what I'd expect.

You change the master profile from secure to burst, then you click master profile. The burst setting is saved (in master profile) when you click master profile, therefore overwriting the secure setting. As Spoon states, Settings are automatically saved to the selected profile on program exit or change of profile.

What you need to do is select the master profile and configure it with you main settings. Then for burst ripping, you need to create a new profile (copy settings from profile: master profile) and call it master profile burst. Then, anytime you want to use burst, select master profile burst. When you go back to master profile, it will load the master profile and the burst setting change will have been saved in master profile burst and not master profile.

Hope that makes sense.
    100% it makes sense & it's supposed to work that way .. but it doesn't ...

dBpoweramp Guru

100% it makes sense & it's supposed to work that way .. but it doesn't ...
    Why not, what you described is why you have the problem?
    Last edited by mville; 11-17-2017 at 01:01 PM.