title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Question about ripping

Question about ripping

What does this mean?
    Information ripping to Wave, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\lee\Music\Chet Baker\Jazz Profile\01 Chet Baker - Bockhanal.wav'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 13520 (3:00) in 0:25. Filename: C:\Users\lee\Music\Chet Baker\Jazz Profile\01 Chet Baker - Bockhanal.wav
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 4) Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: C803CC53 AccurateRip CRC: 72FB2C87 (NEW) [DiscID: 011-0012a167-00a51ddf-930b4d0b-1]

Why am I getting inaccurate confidence 4? I am geeting it for the whole CD.

Administrator

Re: Question about ripping

It means you have a different pressing than the one stored in the database (if all the tracks are inaccurate).

If you install R14 then it can check against this other pressing to verify.

good....

thanks, thats very good !

Yes all the tracks are inaccurate. What do you mean by install R14 then it can check against this other pressing to verify. I just bought the family pack because I want a copy on my laptop and my desktop. Don't I have the latest version? How do I check against other pressing?

Administrator

I assumed you were using R13, if using R14 there could be another explanation, for this disc the other pressing could be outside of the checking range (which is +-2900 samples), if it is then the disc would appear to be in accuraterip until you actually rip it.

I think I have R14 as I just bought this program 2 days ago. How do I tell? There is not an about to tell which version I have. What is the story if I have R14?

Administrator

Start >> Programs >> dBpoweramp Music Converter >> Configuration >> dBpoweramp Configuration

I just checked and I am using version 14. What would be the other explanation? This is a real painted CD. I have several of CDs like this.

Administrator

There is no suggestion the CD is fake, consider this:

A CD is produced for sale, 100,000 copies are made in the first batch.
    Then 6 months later more have to be produced, so another 100,000 are created, but this time they have a different pressing offset. If the pressing offset is more than 5 sectors (they can be), then the data that exists in the AR database cannot be used (in this instance where only 1 pressing exists in the database, AccurateRip can handle multiple pressings side by side). Your disc will be submitted to the database and when verified by another users it will enter the database, thus allowing that pressing to be verified, until then AR cannot be used for that disc.