title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID tag bug

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AppleAudio
    • Mar 2011

Re: ID tag bug

Well that failed. I decoded FLAC to .AIFF resampled to 24/48 encoded to ALAC
    dropped in iTunes.... now it is totally different tracks giving me problems.
    The hiccup is such that it skips the the songs on the iPod. I hit track back and it plays with the major hiccup at the beginning.

Tonight I will take the Master .AIFF files and decode to ALAC without tags.

Maybe next you could examine these "glitched" files?

thanks,

AA
    Last edited by AppleAudio; 04-22-2011, 03:45 PM. Reason: removed mouse from pocket

Comment

• AppleAudio
      • Mar 2011

Good Morning,

After much ado, I have reinitialized the iPod removed all files but the one LP.
      Started fresh from the FLAC's. Playback and the same track 3 hiccups. I then use dBpoweramp to strip all tags of the infamous track and re-tag the file inside iTunes... exempting comments and pic.

I am now sitting here listening to the LP without a hitch.

Now to find the glitches in my masses that will suck.

What is your take? fixable? or detectable?

Thanks,

AA

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If iTunes is encoding the ALAC files, you should perhaps ask Apple why there is issues with the iPod playing them.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AppleAudio
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
          If iTunes is encoding the ALAC files, you should perhaps ask Apple why there is issues with the iPod playing them.

Back on Post 6 you see that using the iTunes encoder also gave me the tssst white noise glitch on random files.
          On post 7 you offered for me to try the dBpoweramp beta. The white noise sound was eliminated.

I have been using dBpoweramp since to create ALAC files. And recently discovered that an annoying pause "glitch" was occurring on random files. If I were to wager I would guess it is a FLAC Tagging bug. But I am looking for resolve not blame.

Kind of a poke in the eye to ask me to call Apple

P.S. I don't think the word random fits the occurrence, due to the fact I can redo the files and the same outcome will occur.

AA

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by AppleAudio
            If I were to wager I would guess it is a FLAC Tagging bug
            As I understand it, tagging does not touch the audio part of the file. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

So, how would that cause a glitch in playback? Also, am I right I thinking the glitch only occurs on your iPod?
            Last edited by mville; 04-24-2011, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• AppleAudio
              • Mar 2011

If you stare at a problem the result is always the same :/

After reinitializing the iPod... which I thought did not fix anything....We played the iPod on the HiFi whilst enjoying gorgeous weather on the patio. Where we had heard problems prior.... we heard no such things.

Trial ran out and I am pleased to have purchased the family pack.... my old amd from 2004 is my rig (runs 24/7 and works) but wife's quad core laptop is best for batch work so I got the family pack

I have been using your software off and on since the old quake 3 days... 1999?

Peace,

AA

Comment

• AppleAudio
                • Mar 2011

I have to laugh... the files that glitched previously... Started the same damn glitch in the same songs at the same place... Always near the beginning.

So I reinitialized the iPod again and this time I am not adding 16 bit files.

I'm working a theory that iTunes programs the DAC when adding files... or the DAC is programmed when adding files. So that the bits are being dropped and causing glitches.

So if I only put 24 bit files it will not glitch.

I listened in the car this morning on way to work... all good... way home ... all good.

Can I play with Madness!:teufel8:

AA

Comment

Working...

]]>