title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Complex ID Tag mapping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aamitabh
    • Sep 2010

Complex ID Tag mapping

Hello All/Spoon,
    I have now my Itunes Apple lossless as a replica of WMA lossless library but I need some windows specific tags to port to Apple lossless files. Here is what I am trying to achieve and I do not know how to do it in DSP effect:

map wm/language to comments with value language:<value of wm/language tag>
    append mood tag value from wma file to comment tag as mood:<value from mood tag in wma>

There may be semi colon separated values in wma mood tag. They need to append to apple comment tag with each semi colon separated value on a separate line like this:
    mood:mood1
    mood:mood2

Thanks & Cheers. -Amitabh
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Complex ID Tag mapping

Use the DSP effect ID Tag Processing, there is a map section. It is not possible to append to tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aamitabh
      • Sep 2010

But could I map wm/language=en to comment=language:en?
      or else, can I build a script that can be called from the music converter?

Thanks. -Amitabh

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is no language specification in dBpoweramp reading of the tags so =en is not required.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aamitabh
          • Sep 2010

So then, is there a way to take a tag value from the source file and add or append to the target file tag with a expression syntax. Like in the previous post, can I take wm/mood tag value from wma source file and add its value to comment tag in the target file with some constant prefix string?

source file tag: wm/mood="Soothing"
          target file tag: comment=mood:Soothing

If this is not possible then this may be a very powerful and valuable enhancement.

Thanks. -aamitabh

Comment

• aamitabh
            • Sep 2010

Also, if I have to do simple mapping through script then how do I write "Id tag mapping" dsp effect?

Let us say I need to map "mood" tag to "description". What will be the syntax of the dsp effect:

dspeffect2="id tag mapping=......"

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

See:

Certain Codecs (WMA, and compressed Wave) are difficult to setup as the settings are not guessable. Using CD Ripper it is possible to set the compression settings and read them back from the registry. Open CD Ripper, set the profile to default, set the encoder and settings as desired. Close CD Ripper then open regedit:
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>